Drivers License

Minghao entered the living room of his apartment on a hot July afternoon and without even bothering to turn on the fan he threw himself on the couch, his bangs falling on his eyes but getting a haircut was the last thing he wanted to do with all the drama going on in his life.

As soon as he sat down he felt something hard under him, he picked it up and saw that it was a card, about the same size as an ID card. 

It was supposed to be a special card, a card he'd been waiting to get for half his life, a card that should've meant something special not only to him but also to Jun. They would have always talk about this card but now nothing remained to talk about.

Minghao felt a tear escape his eyes as he told himself not to cry and shoved his drivers license in the back pocket of his jeans.

It had been a week since he'd got this card and about a week when he and the person he loved the most had broken up.

Suddenly he got a flash back of the time when they were still together.

*Flashback*

"Only two days Minghao," Jun spoke as he turned around the corner about a mile away from their apartment. It was Sunday, July 18 and Jun and Minghao were coming back from their camping trip. It was one of the most romantic trips in their lives. They had told each other that they were beautiful and nothing could break the apart.

Minghao and Junhui were full of excitement as Minghao was getting his Driver's License in two days . Jun was so excited ,that Minghao would finally drive up to his house. 

*End Of Flashback*

Minghao got his car keys and ran outside, he was in the mood to drive, eat and sulk on repeat.

His car was a Ford F-150, Jun had gifted it to him on his birthday, He'd told him that he would always be in this car with him but now he was alone.  He was going to his favorite fast food place but as he got near he remembered that Jun's house was located here he tried to turn around but it was too late. 

He started back on his track this time he was crying, the tears were running like a waterfall and without even knowing he was singing;

I got my driver's license last week
Just like we always talked about
'Cause you were so excited for me
To finally drive up to your house
But today I drove through the suburbs
Crying 'cause you weren't around

Now he was in front of Jun's house he turned his head sideways and saw Jun standing there, his hand around a blonde boy, the one who always made him feel insecure, Joshua. He was way older than Minghao. Joshua had a ring around his hand and a bouquet of roses in his arms, the same gift Jun had given him when he first confessed to him. 

Joshua was smiling just like he had smiled that day and Joshua would keep smiling, but it was himself Minghao was worried about he didn't think he would ever get to smile again.

*Flashback*

It was 5:00 pm, the sun had started going down when Minghao arrived, Jun had  greeted him with a hug and soon confessed.

" You might find it weird but I can't hold it anymore. I have been thinking a lot about you lately and I think I like you," he had said. "I don't want to be without you and I promise I'll never leave you"

*end of Flashback*

Minghao's memories played in front of him. The song Jun had written for him played in his mind, The way he had held his hand.

And you're probably with that blonde girl
Who always made me doubt
She's so much older than me
She's everything I'm insecure about
Yeah, today I drove through the suburbs
'Cause how could I ever love someone else?
And I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one
And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay now that I'm gone
Guess you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

Minghao got out of his state and wiped away is tears without even realizing he had reached the place. He was meeting with his friends there. As soon as he entered, he saw Mingyu and Seokmin sitting close together on a table, he smiled and went towards the table and sat down. The had already ordered food and Minghao was ranting to them nonstop about how he still missed Jun and told them what he saw today.

Mingyu spoke first," Dude, I'm tired of you ranting about Jun all day. He's over you so get over Him. He doesn't deserve you, I'm sure you'll find someone better." Seokmin agreed with Mingyu as Minghao started again about how he felt sorry for them cause they'll never know Jun they way he did. Soon all three of them were munching on Burgers and Fries from McDonalds.

Minghao left as Seokmin was paying the bill, he thanked both Mingyu and Seokmin as he left.

Now back in his car his emotions started getting over him again. Singing again he turned around and started driving back  to his house. He got stuck in some traffic and soon he was crying all over again. He looked away but everywhere he saw he could only think and see Jun.

He saw a Flashback of Jun leaving, telling him that he had found someone else. 

He knew he still loved Jun.  Now even Jun's voice was speaking in his head telling him he was beautiful, he loved him, he'll never leave him, the song he had wrote and sang for him. Everything came back. From the time that he confessed to the time he left him there crying, wondering what he did wrong. ( Olivia rodrigo fandom ;D ) 

Red lights, stop signs
I still see your face in the white cars, front yards
Can't drive past the places we used to go to
'Cause you know I still love you, babe (ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)
Sidewalks we crossed
I still hear your voice in the traffic, we're laughing
Over all the noise
God, I'm so blue, know we're through
But you know I still love you, babe (ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh)

I know we weren't perfect but I've never felt this way for no one
And I just can't imagine how you could be so okay, now that I'm gone
'Cause you didn't mean what you wrote in that song about me
'Cause you said forever, now I drive alone past your street
Yeah, you said forever, now I drive alone past your street

As soon as he finished the song he pressed hard on the paddles and suddenly his breaks got out of control making him crash hard into the big truck driving past him.  He started feeling lightheaded and passed out.

He woke up somewhere on a bed. He was still dizzy and the memories of the accident came flooding in.

Mingyu and Seokmin entered the room, their faces full of worry. Mingyu saw Minghao trying to get up as Minghao passed out all of a sudden. Seokmin called the doctor but it was too late, The shocking truth hit them,  He was dead.

                                                       ----------------------------------------------------

So, how was it?

This is my first ever oneshot so please give me your suggestion for improvements. Also I have an idea to continue it and show somehting between Jun, Joshua, Mingyu and Seokmin about Minghao's death... Should I write it?