twenty three

It was 2:30 in the afternoon and me and Karl picked up Kailee and headed to the mall.

This time, I payed for the uber before Karl could even get the money out of his pocket, he was mad at me for paying but, I felt bad he kept paying for all of our rides. 

"Okay, where should we go first?!" Kailee said as we walked into the gigantic mall. 

There was a huge Christmas tree right in the middle of the mall and towards the left side of it was a booth for kid's to go and see Santa, there we're about 100 kid's in line waiting to see him.

"Hey K, wanna go and see Santa? Maybe tell him what you want for Christmas?" 

Kailee punched me in the arm, "I'm not 7 Em! Besides, everyone know's the real Santa doesn't go to the mall." Kailee said rolling her eyes.

Me and Karl made eye contact holding back our laughter before walking into a store. 

_____

We went to about 5 stores and Kailee had already chosen her outfit for the party but, I still couldn't figure out what I was going to wear.

"Let's go in there! They have dresses in there that you'd look so cute in." Kailee said.

"K, it's freezing outside right now. The weather's probably going to be worst on Christmas Eve."

"Em come on, you'll be inside most of the party. Besides, Kailee is right, you would look so beautiful in one of those dresses." Karl said to me, his hand was placed on the lower part of my back which gave me butterflies.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, let's go find me a dress" 

"Yes! Karl, you need to teach me how you convinced her to say yes right away because if it was just me and her she would've said no and walked away." Kailee said.

Karl and I laughed as we walked into the store. 

_____ 

"Alright Em, come on out!" Kailee said.

I stepped out of the dressing room and showed them both the dress. It was a plain white dress that suited my body pretty well, I added a black leather jacket to it since I knew I'd be cold the night I'd be wearing it. 

"Wow." Karl said admiring me. 

"Do you like it?"

"I like it, it's hot." Kailee said.

I chuckled, "Thank's K. Karl?"

"I agree with Kailee." Karl said smiling.

I grinned to myself. I looked over at the mirror, seeing the outfit on me.

I hummed, "Not bad." 

a/n: filler chapter woooo <33 

next chapter you'll see the dress and also next chapter is the party so like..hold on to your seats.

anyways, my dog has a bed but she wants to sleep on the floor next to me- honestly kinda adorable but like, go lay in your bed, i didn't pay $14 for nothing- 

i love you guys <3 

476 words