One Last Game

"How are things on your side, Kuina?"

It is almost completely silent in the upper floor. With a majority of the players headed out for the games and the others partying either to celebrate or to overlook the fact that Aguni is now leader, no one finds their way up to the royal suite.

Kuina doesn't need long to respond. "Aguni is still in his room. I'm so bored now!"

As long as she doesn't get heedless because of her boredom, things will work out just fine. Chishiya didn't apologize for the delay, and he didn't bother to explain where he had been just before he headed to the royal suite. Right now it's irrelevant to the cause.

The doors open almost soundlessly, and cold blue light from the moon shines through the windows. No one cared about cleaning them in the past weeks, and the dirt clings visibly to the wide glass panels.

"Then, shall we proceed with our plan?" Some drops of blood still cover the ground, but that's the only evidence that something has happened here earlier this day. Chishiya's eyes move to the side, where Arisu had found the smaller safe within the wardrobe, and the memory makes him snort. "I don't know if Arisu is clever or stupid. There's no way the cards would be kept in an ordinary safe."

Even now it is hard to believe how easy Arisu has made it for him. How he trusted Chishiya so absolutely regarding a plan that would kill him, and how he didn't realize he was being used till the very end.

"Then where is the real safe?" Kuina asks with a muffled voice, as to not attract too much attention in the hallway.

Chishiya places himself in front of the window, but while this is the royal suite is definitely the most luxurious room within the whole Beach, the view is useless. The rooftop of the annex blocks most of the sight over the city, and the dirt hides the rest.

"When Arisu found the fake safe, Aguni, who usually does not waver-" he clearly remembers the way Aguni's eyes had flickered to the side wall while Arisu was being beaten up in front of him, "-was looking toward a certain location. I believe that the contents of the envelope did not contain a passcode or an empty letter..." He sighs and moves away from the glass, towards the painting of the stag.

"...but instead, it might have been a drawing."

Lifting the piece of art from the wall is easier than expected. There are no extra securities other than this hiding point, and it feels almost too simple when another safe appears inside the wall. "Found it."

Chishiya wonders if this one has a better warning system than the standard room safe, or if it will just sound a beeping alarm as well. And even if it does... who will notice besides Kuina?

"So you used him for this?" said woman huffs through the device. She should have realized herself by now that it has never been part of the plan to get Arisu out of the Beach as well.

"To gain something, you need to lose something. He's just a sacrifice. Things like this happen often, don't they?" At least he has been a better sacrifice than his stubborn; something Kuina has to agree to as well. She doesn't sound convinced though.

"No, not at all." Something about her tone makes him smirk – as if she only now realized that the sacrifice could have been everyone. Even her. And then she says something that definitely makes him smirk. "I really don't want to be your enemy."

It is the same thing Arisu has said to him only a few hours ago, and he hasn't been the first one.

"People often tell me that."

Enough time has been wasted with talking already, so Chishiya drops his Walkie-Talkie and focuses on the safe instead. The display comes to life when he presses the first number, bathing his face in light even colder than the moon.