Chapter one

The battle of Hogwarts was over. Voldemort was dead and people all over the great hall were reuniting with their loved ones. But Hermione wasn't. She needed time alone, and anyways her best friends were busy with their girlfriends anyway.

Hermione Grangers best friends were Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. Harry and Ron's girlfriend Brooklynn Bell had both sacrificed themselves to Voldemort but had both lived. Hermione knew everyone was going through something and they just wanted to be with each other, and she didn't want to be jealous. She just wanted someone to want to be with her.

It's not that Hermione isn't popular. She actually went to a ball with Viktor Krum but she was fourteen at the time. Other then that she's never had a boyfriend. Probably because ever since she was twelve she's had a massive crush on Neville Longbottom. Unluckily for her he's dating Kaylee Samily.

Basically Hermione for years had loved the same boy while watching all of her best friends start dating. Ron and Brook are so perfect together it's actually scary and Harry and Ginny are adorable. But all Hermione his is a massive crush that just won't go away. Not matter what happens, she gets friend zoned and broken hearted daily but she still loves him.

Sometimes things can't just go away. If it's meant to be it won't go away. Because how else will it happen?

Maybe it's a good thing Hermione was so persistent. Maybe one day it will all work out for her. Maybe.

"Hermione?" She heard and she turned around.
"Yeah?" She asked, it was Neville.
"I need your advice," he said nervously
"Fire away,"
"What should I give Kaylee for her birthday? It's may 14th and-"
"This," Hermione said softly handing Neville a small golden chain. She's had it since her 12th birthday when Neville gave it to her. He smiled brightly at her and thanked her before hurrying away. Leaving Hermione broken hearted as always.

Someone's she wished feelings didn't exist. She could just live in oblivion to her feelings and be happy, but she wasn't. She wished she could control who she likes but she can't. She can't control feelings, not even with books. That's not sometimes she likes.