2. interest

Hands buried in his pockets and a more than apathetic expression on his face, Manjirō Sano, better known as Mikey, took his foot out of his opponent's face. No sooner was both soles back on the ground than his victim fell to the ground.

"If you guys show up one more time, I'm going to kill you."

Despite his still indifferent expression, his eyes sparkled dangerously, which did not escape his counterpart.

Anxiously, he got to his feet. "He's out of my league! He's crazy!" he stammered before stumbling away, leaving his other two comrades behind.

"That damn scaredy-cat!" Gritting his teeth, the head of the trio looked after his fleeing comrade.

Mikey watched the proceedings more or less disinterestedly. Wanna-be delinquents who wanted to mess with him and his gang were a dime a dozen. His gaze turned from the running away member to the cursing one. His face was decorated with an unsightly scar that ran horizontally across his cheeks and nose. But probably the most striking thing was that everyone in the so-called gang had red hair. While the other member watched his boss almost pleadingly and fearfully from the side, most likely wanting to run away as well, the boy with the scar looked back at Mikey.

"Try me you son of a bitch!" He took a step forward, trembling all over his body. The unknown boy, of the unknown gang, was taller and broader than Mikey, but certainly not stronger. Surely the daredevil guy in front of him knew that too, yet he seemed to be trying to prove or purpose something here.  Whatever. These power plays had been getting on the blond boss's nerves for a pretty long time.

"What did you just call Mikey? You got a death wish horseface?" Draken, Mikey's loyal vice, also took a step forward. Unlike the guy in front of him, the Toman's leader could rely on his comrades. His striking hairstyle alone, with his sides shaved to nothing and the rest of his long blond hair braided back, as well as the dragon tattoo on the left side of his skull, were usually enough to send would-be thugs running for the hills. Unfortunately, however, not here. Which made this new unknown gang take up Mikey's time.

A nervous grin prepared itself on the redhead's face before his hand went into his pocket. "Sorry. You're both sons of bitches, of course." He seemed to clutch something in his pocket. "I'll make both of you-"

"Hey. Which one of you is 'Mikey'?"

The bright voice, coming out of nowhere, made everyone stop in their tracks.

"Huh?"

For the first time since the red-haired gang had entered the school grounds, Toman's boss, his vice and the strange gang, shared a common reaction.

Stunned, they all turned to the source of the interruption to their fight. If it could be called something like that, that is.

With her arms crossed, a dark-haired girl was impatiently tapping her toe on the ground. The skirt of her school uniform slightly swayed back and forth as she did so, which inevitably gave Mikey a glimpse of her slender, albeit feminine, frame. She was a little shorter than him, which didn't mean much since he wasn't the tallest himself. His gaze returned to her face, which was framed by dark hair that stopped just above her breasts. A few shorter strands fell over her face, which created a strong contrast to her honey-brown - almost golden eyes and made her skin appear fairer than it actually was.

However, what caught his attention the most was the rage that sparkled in those eyes. And something told him that this anger was due to him alone. Not least for the reason that she was definitely asking for him right here.

The tension that had been present just a moment ago seemed to be blown away, now that everyone was watching the girl in front of them. The tense bodies relaxed as all the guys observed the girl before them. With an annoyed look on her face, she released her arms to brace them on her hips.