Hemera

All I can feel is the horrible pain in my shoulder and stomach. I can't even think about who this woman is, all I can think about is that she is offering her help, and I need all the help I can get.

"Come with me." She says as she lifts me up off the ground and towards a colorful cottage sitting next to a dark river.

"Who-who are you?" I say, the pain ringing in my tone.

"Don't worry, my child. You are safe with me." She says as I start to pass out from the pain. "Your safe." Is the last words I hear from her.

———

I feel groggy and still have a sharp pain in my shoulder. I open my eyes to see myself laying in a bed with many flowers around me and a sun shaped light on the ceiling. There is bandage on my shoulder and one on my stomach.

"How are you feeling?" Hemera asks as my eyes dart towards her, unsure of whether or not to trust her.

"Who are you?"

"Have you never heard my name or my story?" She asks as her smile fades.

"No-no. Sorry, I've been through a lot in these past couple of days."

"Oh, no! I completely understand, don't be aggravated by me!" She says as she sits on the bed near me making me confused.

"I'm not. I just am not sure if I can trust you." I say as her face starts to turn sad.

"You can trust me, Stella. I may be the only one you can trust." She says.

"You didn't answer my question." I say growing more and more curious about her.

"I'm Hemera, the goddess of day and light. I have lived in Tartarus for thousands of years, child."

"Your house...its different from the whole gloomy and dark surroundings down here." I say as I observe her frown forming into a smile.

"I wanted you to feel safe with me, do you?" She asks, seeking more assurance.

"Yes, for some reason, I do. I feel like I can trust you." I say and its the truth, but its like she waited for me to come to her by the sound of it.

"Good, thats good. So, may I ask what brought you here?" She asks causing me to look back on past events.

"I-uhhh-." I clear me throat. "I was sent here by Hades to retrieve his helm. He won't let me leave until I do." I say as she looks angry.

"Hades? He sent you here? How dare he!" She says as she stands up and holds her hand over her chest. "I can't believe he would do that to you!"

"Its okay. Trust me, I deserve it." I say.

"How could you? You could not have done something so wrong to be sent down here." She says as she grasps my hands.

"I-." I start to say, but don't want this woman to look at me the way everyone else does. "My shoulder really hurts still. How long will it take for it to heal? I'm kinda on a time limit."

"Your planning on leaving?" She asks.

"Sorry, but I need to get back to my friends."

"Your friends? Tell me about them."

"Well, theres Percy. I have known him ever since I got transferred to the foster home in New York, he is like my family. As are Grover and Annabeth. They have stuck with me through the worst." I say smiling cause of the memories of us.

"Your family? Huh. You said you lived in a foster home? So, I'd assume you don't have family."

"My moms dead and my dad, well, he is kind of the ruler of the dead. Hades." I say causing her to look more concerned about why he sent me here. "Its complicated."

"You are without a mother? Have you ever longed for one?"

Gods, her questioning is getting tiring.

"Have you ever wanted a mother when you were growing up or even now?" She asks another question causing me to snap.

"Yes, of course I have!" I yell, feeling bad after though.

She takes a step back, but then comes closer to me.

"I could be your mother. Your family. You could live with me down here and be happy." She says.

Why is she acting clingy and asking to be my mother?

"I- thats not how family works." I say as I look around the room for an exit.

"You said your friends back home are family, but they aren't blood, are they? Hmm...yes I see them right now. Percy Jackson, Grover Underwood, and Annabeth Chase." She says as I tilt my head.

"What do you mean?"

"Dear, if they were your family, then why haven't they even bothered looking for you?" She says as she waves her hand and an image appears in front of me.

Its Percy, Grover, and Annabeth all sitting by a bonfire, singing songs, and smiling. I just stare completely and utterly confused. I'm gone, and its like they didn't even notice. I can feel a tear drop from my eye as I stare at the image blankly.

"Take it away!" I say angrily as I wipe my tears.

"They aren't your family! I am!" Hemera yells as she tries to calm herself down as I flinch at her sudden burst of anger. "Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to yell. I need a minute, do you mind?" She asks.

Yes! This is my time to get the F out of here.

"Take all the time you need." I say as we exchange smiles and she leaves the room. "Crazy-pants." I say to myself.

She exits the room and I look for anything to help me leave. As I sit up, I can feel the pain more sharply than before.

"Ughh." I groan in pain.

My eyes dart all around the room, desperately looking for escape. A window. Thank the gods...not really, though. I push the window open and climb out of it, whilst grabbing my black leather jacket from the bed. My shoulder and stomach ache as I crawl out, but I suck it up. I start running towards the forest, hoping to find a way out, but I can hear a door slam open behind me.

"Now, where do you think your going...daughter?" Hemera says, still psychotically smiling.