Falling down the hole

I heard the tears of sadness and grief flooding the house. My parents, they sat in the kitchen talking, they were figuring out what to do at the funeral that was being held in an hour or two.
Scarlett, my darling little sister, was holding on to me,"Nina?", she squeaked.

"Yes?", I replied, looking down onto her. Her eyes were filled with tears, she dearly missed her beloved grandmother as much as we all did

"Why did grandmother have to die?", she asked,"why couldn't it happen to someone else, she didn't deserve too"

I sighed,"it's a part of life, Scarlett", I said, answering her question,"things happen for a reason, you understand? I know it's hard but just try".

Our mother and father came up to our bedroom, they opened the door and sat down on the foot of my bed. "Sweeties", my mother, Victoria, started,"you have to get ready for Alice's funeral".

Grandmother Alice was the mother of my father, they were always sharing jokes and laughing along all these years I have been alive.
We both nodded and stood up, I grabbed a simple black dress and so did Scarlet. We both changed and walked downstairs. I grabbed my black laced umbrella before we headed into our Packard.

After a long trip, we finally arrived at the funeral. It was still a bit early, so I decided to head out for a walk. I left my sister with my family as I began to go to the forest. My father told me to be carful and come back in time, of course I couldn't really tell what time it was.
I saw a white little rabbit hopping along, I smiled and followed it. It lead me to a big oak tree, which I gladly sat down under. He sat next to me and I began to pet the creature.
The sky darkened as I looked around, I had to get going. I got up and brushed off the dirt from my dress. They bunny was moving it lips, almost like to tell me something. I tried to shake off this weird feeling.

Then something unexpected happened, the ground underneath me started to almost split it self opened. Little did I know I was falling all the way to the mystical place called Wonderland...