1

☻ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ☻

I was just a child. No one loved me. No one understood me. No one tried to understand my feelings. I was all by myself. Just alone.

"Papa!" I called.

"Yes?" My Father asked.

"Can we go pick up flowers?" I asked him.

"Sure we can." He smiled and grabbed my hand. We went outside and looked at the big flower field. We were playing hide and seek till night! It was my turn to find him. I didn't find him anywhere but I kept looking for him. But then...

"AGGHHH!" I heard my father scream.

"Papa?!" I ran to the direction where I heard him scream..... then I saw him. Covered with blood.

"Y-Y/n.... run.. run away. T-there are demons...." He stuttered. I looked at him in horror but then ran to him.

"Papa! Papa! Not die, okay? Not die!" I yelled and shook him.

"I'm sorry, Y/n... I'll have to leave soon. B-but I'll always look f-from above.." He coughed blood.

"No.. I don't want Papa to go. Please stay!" I cried and hugged him. I felt his hand on mine. He handed me a ring.

"Take this... I-it's a little gift for you... Now run! Run for me! Please..." He begged and cried. I stood up and looked at him.

"I will always love you Papa!" I cried and ran away.

"I-I love you too my child.... farewell." This was his last words to me. I came back home and I didn't want to look at my mother's eyes. My mother was sitting at the dinning table with my little baby brother.

"Welcome home! Where's daddy?" My mom asked. I frowned and looked at the ground.

"He.... He is dead." I said not looking at her.

"Y/n you shouldn't joke about something like that." She spoke.

"I'm not joking.... Mommy... He's dead." I looked up at her with teary eyes. She looked shocked and disgusted at me.

"So... and who do u think killed him..?" She said angry.

"I-I think I saw a demon..." I stuttered. Then she slapped me.

"Brat.... Why didn't the demon eat you.... Why are you alive and not he... I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN!" She yelled and grabbed my hair.

"Ow! Mommy please stop!" I cried and she beat me up.... My brother started to cry.

A few days later she kicked me out. Why... Is it my fault? Could've I saved him? I was thinking about it all the time... Suddenly, there was a man. He grabbed my hand and dragged me somewhere. I couldn't attack... I was too scared. We arrived and I saw other kids who looked poor and dirty. Am I going to end up like them? I walked over to a girl who had long black hair and purple eyes. Her eyes looked so lifeless... I sat down next to her and tried to talk to her. But she didn't respond.

"Hello... My name is Y/n. What's your name?" I asked and smiled at her. She looked at me and didn't say anything. I took a bag of cookies out of my pocket and gave her the little bag. She looked at it confused.

"Open it!" I smiled. She did as I said and her eyes started to sparkle. So cute!

"You can eat all of them if you want." I spoke. She took one out and tasted it. Her cheeks were pink and her eyes were shiny. She looked so happy. But then the man from before grabbed her and pushed her to the ground. I looked shocked and immediately rushed to her. He was about to punch her but I got in front of her.

"W-what are you doing?!" I yelled at the man. He looked angry and punched me.

A few days later

The girl that I met was suddenly gone. The last time I saw her was going outside with a rope around her waist. The man took her out like she was a dog.... I hope she's okay. Well, I probably look like the girl right now because the man punched and kicked me. We only had rice for breakfast and nothing else. Everyday the same. I started to feel lifeless just like the other girl. But I couldn't just let someone make my life so horrible so I made an plan to escape. It worked and of course I didn't forget the other kids. Some of them escaped but some of them didn't make it....I ran in the woods and hid behind a tree. I was there for a while but then I heard a noise. I held my hand on my mouth to keep myself quiet.

"Oh, who do we have here??" Someone asked standing in front of me... How did they..

"What are you doing alone outside?" The person kneeled down on my height.

"I-.. I ran away.. from bad people." I said quietly.

"Ah! I see.... How about you come with me. Don't worry you can trust me! I'm not someone bad. You'll have it warm and you'll have a lot of food!!" He said. I could feel it... He is a good person... I will go with him. I was walking behind him and we arrived.

It looked so nice here! There was a pond a nice house just everything I need. He went inside and so did I. We sat on the floor and there was a lot of food.

"There all for you!" He smiled happily.... Well, actually he always does.

"R-really? I can eat that?" I asked with shiny eyes.

"Of course!" He yelled and also ate.

"Tasty!" He yelled. I took a bite of the food...

"Tasty!" I yelled too. He started laugh and I laughed too.

"By the way...My name is Rengoku Kyojuro!" He said putting his hand on his chest.

"O-oh! My name is Y/n... it's nice to meet you Rengoku." I said shyly.

"No need to be so formal! From now on you can call me big brother!" He laughed. I looked shocked and in awe into his pretty eyes.

"Big brother.... Big brother Rengoku!" I clapped my hands together. He laughed again.

"I will train you to become a Hashira!" He spoke.

"Yes!" I yelled. Then I realized...

"eh....what? I asked him confused.

"Don't worry I'll explain you everything tomorrow. When training begins!" He stated.

"Okay!"

"Y/n.... Do you know what a breathing style is?" He asked.

"Hm.... breathing style... I heard of it... Hmmm.. O-oh. I remember! My grandmother told me about and even teached me how to do it!" I said happily.

"I knew it! You're breathing is so calm and smooth. So I knew you knew what a breathing style is! What breathing style did your grandmother teach you?" Rengoku asked.

"I think it was wisteria breathing." I answered.

"Excellent! Then tomorrow training will start so be ready!" He yelled.

"Yeah!" I gave him high five.