~1~

┍━━━━━━✁━━━━━┑

Have you ever heard of the tale of the Era Wanderer? No? Well then listen close my friend...

Once upon a time, the first ever god, Lienson, created our timeline, and our species.

But our timeline was in need of protectors! So Lienson picked out 10 humans, and gave them the responsibility to protect the timeline.

But, one of the youngest of the 10 humans decided to tell the other ones that it would be better if they themselves had assistants too.

Sadly, the others didn't agree with the youngest and that made him angry.

So, in a fit of rage, he ran off with one of the many power sources that they got from Lienson and ran off.

Legend says hes still out there somewhere, exploring our reality...

"I heard that every year in the Creatifest the runaway time protector comes to this time in an abandoned town to run around!" Lyra finished the story, grinning down at her sitting friend.

"Where do you even get these stories from?" Adalyn questioned her giddy classmate.

"Don't question it-" The teal haired girl got cut off by a group of people walking into their classroom, and at the center of the group was none other than the Sena Byun, aka Adalyns old crush.

"Ooo~ look who just walked in~" Lyra elbowed the girl with the dark brown hair next to her.

"Stop that! And shes not even my crush anymore!" She pushed her away, slightly annoyed.

"'Not your crush anymore'? Are you kidding? Last year every day you used to rant about how much you loved her while walking home with me!" She recalled, rather loudly.

"OH MY GOD CAN YOU SAY IT ANY LOUDER!" The dark brown haired girl whisper-yelled, slapping a hand over her friends mouth.

The other girl giggled in return, pulling her friends hand away from her mouth.

"So what did you think of the rumor? Do you wanna 'debunk it'?it'? Like every other cool story I've told you?" She mocked her friends sceptic nature, trying to change the topic.

"I liked it, probably one of the less stupid ones you've told me."

"Hey!"

"Okay time for class to start!"

"Ah shit, here we go."

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Ugh, school is always a bore."

"Tell me about it. But hey~ guess what's tonight~" Lyra beamed, wiggling her fingers while walking home with her best friend.

"What's tonight, Lyra?" Adalyn sighed, knowing that shes walking right into her friends question.

"The Creatifest! The yearly festival with all the food you could ever ask for!" The hazel eyed girl gushed, imagining all the food that would be at the festival.

"Yes yes I know how much you adore Abuelita Maria's Miguelitos, I had to stop you from stealing them all last year!" She chuckled, recollecting the last time the Creatifest happened.

"What can I say!" The real haired girl shrugged with a smirk.

"But are you coming?"

"Probably not, you know how much I dont like crowds."

"True true."

After that it turned into an awkward yet comfortable silence, until Lyra waved and left her friend to walk home by herself.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

"Mama! Chip! I'm home from school!" Adalyn declared, setting down her backpack and closing the door behind her.

"Hi Querida! Your little sibling is in their room if you go looking for them again!" Her mother smiled, pointing upstairs.

"Thank you Mama, we'll both be down for dinner in a bit!" She told her mom, walking upstairs to Chips room.

"Chip? Can I come in?" Adalyn knocked on her little siblings door, waiting for an answer from them.

A muffled 'Yeah' came from inside their room, cuing that she could come in.

"Heyy Chip! Uh how ya doin?" She said awkwardly, doing finger guns with her hands.

"What do you want from me now." Chip deadpanned, knowing that she always does this when she wants something.

"I- Okay you got me there, Lyra told me a rumor-"

"Oh brother."

"-And it made me think-"

"That's never a good thing."

"Hey!"

"-Anyways I kinda wanna try to see if it's real or not? I mean I know its absolutely but I wanna prove her and the people that started the rumor wrong!" Adalyn beamed, waiting for Chips input.

"....So like every other time then?" They raised a brow, voice still monotone as ever.

"Hey I-!"

"You what?"

"I hate that you know me so well."

"Yeah that's what I thought. Let's wait till Mom is asleep then we can go wherever this rumor takes place, alright?" Chip sighed, rubbing the bridge of their nose.

"...Have I ever told you you're the best little sibling I could ever have?"

"I'm the only little sibling you could ever have." They chuckled slightly, closing their laptop.

"¡Cariños! Dinner is ready!" Their mother yelled from the kitchen.

"Right on time." Chip muttered before leaving their room with their big sister.

┕━━━━━━✃━━━━━┙

A/N:

holy fuck this took a while to write