Chapter 2 - Meeting

My room was a large flat in the basement of the bakery.

I scanned the area and nothing seemed to have changed at all. Although the room was quite clean and dust free, I should thank Ma and Pa who probably freshened up my room before I arrived.

I set my stuff down on the floor and motioned Marinette to do the same. We had some small chat while I unpacked my suitecase and put my stuff away. I setup my laptop on my wooden desk and filled my book case with textbooks and sheet music.

Once everything was put in place I flopped down on my bed. Marinette left earlier saying she has something to do so I was alone in my room.

Making sure the door was locked, I waited a little to make sure no one was around before cautiously whispering, "Blossom, you can come out now."

A small being burst out of my hoodie pocket. It flew around excitedly and inspected every inch of my room.

"Finally! I'm freeee! So this is your room?! Oh my gosh!! What is that? What's this? Can I eat this??"

"Okay, settle down now Blossom." I chuckled.

"Welcome to my room, you haven't had a chance to see it yet, right? We met at the beginning of my second year so you've only seen my dorm. Make yourself at home. You can take your time exploring now."

I met Blossom on the first day of my second year at Cowford. Its already been a yeah eh? Classes ended early since it was the first day so I went to the shopping district to browse for school supplies. My friends were off on a date so I was alone. When I stopped to take a look at a window display, a street vendor called out to me.

"Hey you there, would you like to look at my products, I bet they'd suit a pretty lad like yourself. Come on over, I'll give you a nice deal!"

The vendor was seated on a tattered rug with what seemed to be handmade jewelry displayed before her. Her eyes glistened and I felt compelled to walk over.

I came closer and squatted down to get a better look at her wares. I had to admit, the handiwork and detailing on the jewelry was breathtaking.

As I was browsing through her products a group of boys were coming over. They seemed to be Cowford students based in the school logo emblem they had plastered all over their clothing. One of the boys snickered and whispered something to the group as they made a beeline towards me and the street vendor. I had a feeling that some trouble was coming in the form of arrogant frat boys.

I quickly took my phone out to record and just as I though, the boys kicked over the vendor's display. They then ran off while calling the vendor an old hag. It all happened so quickly that the vendor didn't even register what occurred. I helped her up and tried my best to salvage what was left of her display.

"I'm so sorry ma'am about what just happened."

"Why are you apologizing? It's those damn boys that should be in their knees! Oh! If I was just twenty years younger I'd be able to knock some sense into them!" She seethed and angrily dusted herself off.

I guess it's a good thing that she's still energetic and not too down.

"Don't worry ma'am, I recorded the incident and since those boys were so proud of their names, they had them printed on the back of their shirts. I'll file a complaint to the school and if you'd be willing to submit a statement, I'm sure you'll be reimbursed."

"Oh darling, thank you for caring about an old lady like me. What would I have done if you weren't here." She sighed while looking at what was left of her display.

"No worries at all ma'am, I'm just doing what's right."

"And deary, just how did you know to start recording?"

"I had a feeling."

"A feeling eh? Well, anyhow, in a hard world, softness is a virtue. Here have this, it's a thank you for helping this granny out."

She hands me a small jewelry box.

"I can't, at least let me pay you for it. I can't accept this after all you've been through."

I wave my hands apologetically.

"Oh! Just take it, I think you would take good care of it!"

She opened the box to reveal a golden bracelet with floral accents, it was beautiful. After going back and forth for a while, we finally compromised with me paying for 50% of the price.

"I'm off now, stay safe ma'am! I'll file the complaint as soon as I get back to school!"

I waved goodbye as I headed back to Cowford.