𝟎𝟑

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ ɪ

𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐍𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐡 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬
𝚂𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚒𝚕.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

Rolling over on my side I smacked my alarm clock squinting at the bright rays of sunshine coming through my curtains.

It was the start of a new week and honestly I didn't even care nor did I look forward to getting out of bed, I would be just fine in here by myself avoiding human interaction.

I yawned rubbing my eyes just laying here for a few minutes before I sat up and reached for my nightstand grabbing my cellphone, I could feel my mood shift.

"Bullshit." I stood up going to the bathroom and doing what I needed to do before I left out and strode out to my mothers bedroom, which was the last door down the hallway. I opened the door sticking my head in observing the area. The Illumination of the TV reflecting on my step dad's sculpture along with bottles of alcohol on the night stand.

"Eugene." I called out as I watched him stir around in his sleep. "Eugene." I called out again a little louder, causing him to slowly sit up in her bed.

"What, girl?" Eugene slurred, his vision blurry from all the alcohol he had consumed earlier.

"Did you go to the store to get something to eat?"

My stomach felt like it was touching my back.

I hadn't ate all day since he was supposed to go grocery shopping today after he came home from work.

"Nah, India, I forgot. What time is it?" Eugene huffed, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"Going on ten o'clock." I said with sense of an attitude.

"You was supposed to get food a long tim ago, only person in this house eating is Izaiah cause only damn thing we have is Oatmeal and his baby food."

"I said I forgot dammit."

"I see you ain't forget to pick up your bottles for the week." Frowning I gave him a glare.

"What?" Eugene abruptly stopped searching for the remote that laid somewhere in the queen-sized bed.

"Whatchu say?"

"Nun man."

Irritated at the fact he forgot to go grocery shopping again, not that it was a surprise this was a cycle of events Eugene would wake up go to work, and head straight to the bar or the local liquor store and pass out the next morning.

"Go get Izaiah from Ms.Rogers. And here take this and go pick up something to eat." He said grabbing his pants from the side of the bed.

Digging in the front pockets he grabbed a fifty dollar bill and held it out. I dragged my feet over to my mothers bed, taking the money from his hand and and grabbing the keys to my mom's car off the dresser I made my way to the door.