Calm before the Storm

Halkeginia; Tristain Magic Academy (Day of the familiar summoning)

Cracks began to form on the ground beneath Roswaal as he turned to face the girl who has taken his new acquaintance hostage. Different intensely colored orbs began to appear around him, swirling around his palms as he opened his arms wide while the air surrounding him began to crackle and distort. Both of his eyes were closed when he faced Louise who in turn lost much of her newly built up confidence. The Clown began to voice out his thoughts, visibly angered:

"Ojōsama, anata wa kanari no bakkubōn o motte iru yōdesuuuu. Watashi ni sore o shōmei shite kureMASEN KAAAAA!!?"

(Little lady, you appear to have quite the backbone. Would you care to prove IT TO MEEEE!!?")

"Miss Valliere!", shouted the headmaster worried. Some Fireballs were thrown at the jester by none other than professor Colbert, who has regained his conciseness and was glaring at the enemy while leaning on the wall.

The target just opened his yellow eye and the flames once again simply vanished. 

But for those who watched the exchange intently it was a world shattering shock.

"It's... It's... his eye..." muttered professor Chevreuse,as she lay drained on the ground against one of the scattered remains of the golem.  

Without even looking, one of the balls circling around Roswaal began to speed up in direction of Colbert. With a pained grunt the bald man threw himself on the ground and rolled narrowly out of the way when the green glowing ball impacted the building. The runic barrier which was supposed to protect the castle shattered instantly and an explosion of hundreds of green wind blades ripping apart a big section of the school building ensured.

"Such power", uttered Osmond, watching the destruction unfold. To their luck most of the students have either fled out of the school, only a few decided to be brave and play hero. "If I survive this I will make sure those students will be punished." Old Osmond thought without much hope.

"Hey, what are you doing!!!", shouted the boy who was with miss Valierre at the powerful mage. 

The teachers watched as the unknown boy walked to the foe and everyone thought the same thing: "Who is that boy, he shouldn't be a student... where did he come from" .Guiche answered their question, exclaiming: "Hey, that's the familiar boy who has also been summoned together with the mage!" The staff looked at Colbert as he exclaimed coughing: "Yes... that's him!" 

Unimpressed Roswaal answered: "Watashi wa tan'ni shihai o shuchō shiyou to shite irunode, karera ga kōfuku shita nochi, yori yūrina jōken o kōshō suru koto ga dekimasu."

(I am merely trying to assert dominance so we can negotiate more favorable terms once they surrender.)

"Yeah, I can see the dominance part! What's wrong with you just attacking these people!"

The oppressive atmosphere began to dwindle as the energy balls swirling around the clown faded away and the air returned to normal.

"Sateuuuuu, sasaide akiraka niiiii gōmaaaan'na Meiji no taba ni naaaaaniiiiii o subeki ka o watashi ni oshietekudasaiiiiii, watashi wa subeteeeee no mimidesuuuuuu?", replied the clown with his accent, doing a mock bow.

(Well, please enlighten me what I should do to some petty and obviously arrogant mages who were threatening me and you?)

The boy appeared at a loss of words, but Osmond used the time given to prepare a transleation spell which he swiftly casted. Roswaal opened the palm of his hand as a flame began to appear in his hand, aimed at the headmaster.