Price of Resilience

Tristain Magic Academy, Roswaals Office

"Is he mad, am I mad... I don't even know.", exclaimed Siesta shocked in her mind as she saw Roswaal breaking out in laughter. 

In between his laughter Roswaal managed to pose a question:"Tell me Siesta, whaaat happened just now, please beeee honest." 

Barely registering the question, she answered automatically:" I think I just cast magic...!" Realizing what she just spoke out loud siestas mind began to panic once again. "Oh no, what did I say, that's heresy... I am going to be executed  just for thinking this. Oh founder forgive me!", Siesta exclaimed scarred, "Wait, he must have done something it was maybe on of his spells, that-"

Not even able to finish the theory Siesta tried to came up with, Roswaal said the unthinkable.

"Hahaha, yes your right. Well I would be disappointed if you couldn't even answer such an easy question as my future pupil. One must always be open to change...Siesta, are you...?", Roswaal asked as he heard a simple knock on the floor as an answer.  

"Well, maybe not that open for change...", deadpanned Akami in his mind as Roswaal carried the unconscious Siesta into his bed. 

Still, Roswaal was elated to see his theory proven right. Because this prove was all he needed to know that no one should make light of Louise the Zero. Her power was seriously off the charts, raw power that is to say. Now she is still far, far below his level.

"I am honestly happy, now I don't have to care about any void mages again, I have taken her out of the race. Hahahah, she would be to difficult to handle...probably... well better be sure.", mused Akami.

"You really seem devious, denying such a young girl finding her path in this hard world, finding new friends and learning valuable lessons of life. Oh, and don't you think marrying Saito was a beautiful tur-"

"It seems you only look at the outside, or the unimportant parts, haven't you seen how she treats him without any outside intervention. She lets him sleep on a pile of hay, chaining him to the wall by a metal collar. I can confidently say that I may not be a saint among men, but even I have enough human decency to try to stop such a thing from happening. I think the familiar runes maaade him so obedient, and oonly thaaat!", replied Roswaal in his mind gaining a dangerous edge in his voice. 

"Interesting...", muttered Hector, his flat voice sounding interested.

"What is it?", asked Akami annoyed, his good mood from the beginning already vanishing.

"Huuuuh...oh nothing... but it seems I have picked up the signal of one of our... friends... "

"A witch factor... here! Why didn't you say so, where is it?!", shouted Roswaal out louder as intended. He paced to the door wanting to leave, before he stopped himself.

"No, I shouldn't act out of emotion... the book!", Akami exclaimed as he walked up to the table, opening the black tome. After taking a look inside he grew confused.

"Servant quarters, has the factor been found by one of the workers here?", Akami pondered over this question as he took the Book from the table, leaving the room

"Should I ask for a new one, this one is... burnt. ", asked Akami himself, before strolling leisurely through the halls, looking for a guard to ask directions

---

"What do you mean another direction, clearly the guard said the servant quarters are over there down the hallway?", muttered Roswaal while massaging his temples slowly.