[Chapter:10]

It's only a day until Tommy's 17th birthday, I and Tubbo were getting everything ready.

We were getting a bunch of ingredients for cakes while Ranboo and Sam had gone to get more ores.

Mainly diamonds and gold, it shouldn't be too hard for them.

As I was collecting sugar canes I thought of a question, "Tubbo," he looked over at me, "what... happened to Tommy?"

He seemed a little confused, "what do you mean?"

I sighed stopping what I was doing, "I... found out about his exile, why didn't he want me to know?"

He dropped the sugar cane he was holding and walked over to me.

I took a small step back preparing myself for anything.

"Y/n, he went through a lot of pain. And... my guess is he thought if you didn't know nothing would change again."

"Again?"

He grabbed his arm and look away from me, "I did some things I regret, everyone who has been in the smp has. He wants to try and protect you from his past."

Why would he do that?

I looked down at my feet, I won't bring it up to Tommy.

"Then... why does he call me his best friend?"

He looked down at me, the brunette was quite taller than me, not as tall as Tommy or Ranboo though.

"He knows you're a good person and would stick through anything with him-"

"But he's your best friend! You've known him way longer than I have!" I blurted.

"I am his best friend, but, I didn't protect him as you do."

I looked at him confused but wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, "I wish I could've been here for you guys."

He hugged me back resting his head on my shoulder, "it's okay, it's all in the past."

We continued the day like normal, I considered Tubbo's answer as we started baking the cakes and decorating.

Puffy was keeping Tommy busy somewhere, I couldn't remember where though.

I and Tubbo placed the cakes on the path leading into Tommy's house.

We look at each other smiling proud of the work we have created.

As we walk off I see Sam and Ranboo coming towards us.

"Hey, guys!" I and Tubbo yell at the same time.

The two of them look over at the work we made, "great job guys! It looks great," Ranboo said.

I chuckled, I look up at Sam and see all the diamonds he was carrying, "how much did you get?" I asked.

"About five stacks," he said.

My jaw dropped, I knew he would be able to find some but five stacks!?

"Oh, I also built a secret vault for Tommy, he told me he wanted one so I built it," Sam said.

I was impressed, I forget sometimes that he's great at building.

Ranboo was holding a few stacks of gold and diamonds, and we put everything in the chest so tomorrow when he shows up everything is set.

The next day

When Tommy showed up we were all standing there waiting for him.