Hope

A week before college

Tsutomu’s POV

      “Oi, bowl-cut brats,” Sirabu said as he walked into our house. “Come on ya two, we gotta get to the dorms.”

     “Hold on Salty, we’ll have time,” Layla said, irritated. We came down the stairs with our stuff.

    “We don’t even go to the same colleges though,” I said, sad I’m going to be alone.

     “Aw, ya going to be alright,” Shirabu said. “Now come on, and Tsu, ya going ta need to take a bus to yer school. We’re nearby, so call us when yer done. We can go to the Cafe in between our schools.” I nodded in agreement, waved goodbye, and headed to the bus stop with my stuff.

     The bus came and I got on. I saw Shirabu and Layla heading to their dorms at their school. I think Layla is just getting a degree and Shirabu is going to be a doctor. I hope I don’t get someone annoying as my roommate or rude.

     After some time the bus stopped in front of the school I’ll be going to. I went to the receptionist for my dorm key. “Room 534 on floor 3,” I thought. I thanked the receptionist and went to my room.

     Once I reached my dorm, I thought, “If I have a roommate, I hope they’re not annoying or mean.” I opened the door to find the bi-colored hair guy from my 1st year at Shiratorizawa. Is he really my roommate?

Koganegawa's POV

     “Mom, I’m off to college. I’ll see ya later,” I said as I was taking my stuff to Hokkaido’s dorms.

     “Bye hun,” my mom said after me. I got on the bus and was off to Hokkaido.

     I went to the receptionist, and he told me that I have a roommate, who will be here a little later. I was curious who it was. I looked to see what dorm number I have. The number is on the key. “Room 534. What floor is that on again?” I thought. “Maybe I should look at the map. Alright, the third floor. I’ll just go to the elevators.”

      I opened the door to see a pretty clean room.

      “Of course it’s clean, no ones been here, idiot,” I mumbled to myself. I picked my room, put my clothes away, and then grabbed a snack and sat on the couch watching T.V. It was ‘bout ten minutes when the door knob started turning. I turned my head to see who it was.

      “Oh, he was that bowl cut kid from Shiratorizawa. Wasn’t he the ace in his third year?” I thought.

        “Hey ya,” I said, grinning. “Yer from Shiratorizawa High, right?” All he did was nod. “Huh, he’s being quiet.” I thought. “I’m Kanji Koganegawa, and you are?” I asked, hoping to hear him talk again.

       “Oh, I’m Tsutomu Goshiki. Nice seeing ya again Koganegawa-kun. Uhm, which room is mine?” Goshiki asked. I pointed to the other room and he went to his room.

       “I hope we can become friends,” I thought, remembering we didn’t talk much in high school.

Word Count: 517