Chapter 29: Final round

Three days have passed when Kayden last saw Tenebris. He tried calling her to his service multiple times but not once did she show. It didn't really bother him as it was for pointless tasks like fetching him food or keeping an eye on the pack.
However, the disloyalty did bother him as he felt Tenebris denying his calls meant she was up to something. Kayden also suspected that his pack was hiding something. They barely talk around him, they are taking as much time as possible to finish their tasks and sometimes avoiding him entirely. It may be due to his intimidating form and power but he believes something else is going on.

During the day Kayden was sitting on the porch of his home, waiting for the day to draw to its end. He was waiting because the wolves were supposed to celebrate him becoming their Alpha again, but they were nowhere to be seen. Instead, he saw someone else approaching.
The person had dried blood that ran down the side of their head. Their breathing is slow and calm. Kayden simply smiled as he stood with his massive, bulky form. The wooden boards crooked and strained under his weight. He stretched out his arms and spook with his deep booming voice.

Kayden: "I'm surprised human. A fall like that would have been enough to end me and yet here you are, two days after the fall and looking like nothing happened."

The person was Y/n. He didn't care to respond to Kayden for he was here and only here to reclaim his home. Not to talk or to give him a chance. Kayden knew that was the case and asked.

Kayden: "Well. In that case, are you going to run again?"

Just then Tenebris appeared next to Y/n, her poster still lowered in shame. To Kayden's surprise, she did nothing which prompted a response.

Kayden: "Tenebris. Why haven't you killed the human yet?"

Tenie: "I... cannot kill the master of my soul..."

She said with a low, soft voice. No sign of annoyance or hatred. Just pure subservience to her master.
Finally, Y/n spoke.

Y/n: "She responded to my commands. Not yours."

Kayden had a look of annoyance plastered to his face as he stepped from the porch. There was a hint of fear in his eyes as he knew who between them had the power. Y/n had it.
With Tenebris standing by Y/n's side Kayden knew he stood no chance but for some reason, that fear didn't stop him from getting closer. He stopped when he was 5 meters away from Y/n before saying.

Kayden: "Well, That is only because I failed to kill you the first time but I want to know why I'm not dead yet."

Y/n: "Should be easy to figure out."

Kayden smiled as he knew exactly why. If Y/n had taken the easy way out and to the pack he would not have been a real alpha, leaving him only one option. The smile grew to unnatural proportions as Kayden took one step closer. He bent down to be eye leave with Y/n.

Kayden: "Want me to give you the first blow?"

With a blank expression on his face, Y/n refused to answer. All she did was raised his hand and snapped his fingers. In a flash, all the remaining light of the sunset had vanished. The trees disappearing and the log house invisible. Kayden chuckled as he realized what is happening.

Kayden: "Using Tenebris as a way to keep both from running and to keep others out. Clever."

The only source of light came from Kayden's, forever changing, red eyes. It was hard to tell where he was looking as there was no pupil but in this complete darkness, Y/n could tell exactly where they are looking.

Kayden: "Clever but you are now at a disadvantage. You see, I don't need to see you fight you."

His changing red eyes disappearing entirely. There are no sounds other than Y/n's slow controlled breathing. No light to shine through the void dome both are in. A cold feeling from the feet and a stench of a wet dog.
Kayden was right, as of now Y/n is at a disadvantage but this is exactly the place he wanted the overgrown humanoid wolf to be. As he stood still, he closed his right eye and allowed his left to glow. Soon his vision turned into a red color palette, making Kayden stand out like a goose among ducks. From Kayden's point of view, he can see only one red eye staring back at him. Something about it gave him a chill down the spine, like deep down he knew this fight was already decided.