Chapter 7

Aelin~

We all got into the carriages Dorian, Rowan, Aedion, and I in one and Sam in another. 

As much as I hated putting him all alone we needed this time to discuss what our game plan was going to be. 

"So what are we going to do" Aedion asks.

"I have no clue we don't even know if this connected to our magic" I answer honestly.

For the rest of the ride we sit and make jokes even though a heavy cloud is hanging over us we still make the ride interesting. 

After a while the carriages came to a halt and all four of us got out "You three go ahead ill meet you their" I told them.

When they were out of sight I walked back to the carriage where Sam was sitting. 

I gave him some false information and then sent him off trailing a nonexistent person. 

Then I head to where Rowan, Aedion, and Dorian were waiting for me. 

They were staring at a tree covered in a dancing fire that burned so brightly but never harmed the tree itself. 

"I'll be back in a minute Aedion and I are going to ask the Townsfolk some questions. 

All of a sudden the fire went out then I reappeared only a second later but instead of on the tree it was on a straight path towards me. 

As soon as it made contact with me I wanted to scream the pain was nearly unbearable but I held it in, I was not going to break I had been through so much fire was not going to break me. 

Even though I wanted to keep it in after who knows how long I let it out and screamed the pain had become to much just after I screamed. 

Just after I scream I felt the air be smothered out of the flame and familiar arms pull me in. 

Sam~

I was riding in the second carriage behind Celeana's one she said that she had to discuss our mission with some of the Lords so I sit in silence.

We finally come to a stop and Celeana opens my door I jump to the ground and surveil our surroundings "where are the Lords that you rode with" I ask.

"They went to their inn they don't want to have their reputations soiled" she replies with a scowl.

Then she gave me a person to trail while she went ahead and scouted out the other one.

I followed the tracks for a while until they lead me to the center of the town.

In the center there stood Celeana talking to the King of Ardalan neither one of them seemed formal or uptight they were relaxed and chatting like old friends. 

Celeana mentioned she competed at his castle but she never mentioned the circumstances that it was done under.

They stood in front of a burning tree, the fire on the tree was weird and not normal but before I can study it, it went out. 

Next thing I see is the fire once again hurdling right at Celeana. 

I stood frozen in place as she sank to her knees and shook in pain she only screamed once a few seconds before the fire was put out.

Just before it went out the same white haired male ran up, did something with his hands then the fire went out.

He went up to her and pulled her in tight they sat there in silence.

The King of Ardalan stepped back to give the pair space and a man who look exactly like Celeana  came up and stood next to him. 

After a while the White haired man stood up with Celeana still in his arms then he started walking back to the carriage the two men followed behind them. 

"Come back when you want to" the blonde haired man said as he walked past. 

Until next time peace out!