Chapter 9

Aelin~

When I got to the court yard their were at least fifty witches and a few wyverns.

I stayed in my human form  even though my magic was itching  to be released there were to many innocent people for me to use it and risk losing control so I grabbed Goldryn and ran into battle. 

Soon the rest of my court joined in on the battle Rowan fought his way through to me and backed up to me "Ready for this" he said with a smirk on his face".

"Of course is am buzzerd" I replied we fought back to back determined not to let either fall.

My court was a deadly whirl wind taking down witches every where they went.

The glint of an unfamiliar sword caught my eye 

Sam had somehow gotten ahold of a sword and was taunting a witch into battle, Sam was a highly trained assassin but he was out of practice and there was no way he could take down a witch who had been trying for possibly hundreds of years. 

I tried to get to him but he was to far away so I did the only thing I could think of I quickly shifted and related just enough power to cover myself in flames. 

I path quickly parted as I ran towards Sam and in front of him just in time to block a lethal blow from the witch.

"Hey look its the Fire Breathing Bitch Queen" I yelled distracting the witches just long enough for my court to gain the upper hand.

Soon the witches realized that they were in a battle that they could not win so they drew back.

"The self proclaimed leader of the group stepped to the front "Be where heir of Mala this is not over it is only the begining" she hissed before boarding her Wyvern ad flying off. 

I gave Sam a sorry glance before running off to join my court.

"That was such a short battle" I whined.

"Are you trying to start something" Rowan asked while fingering the top of his blade.

"I don't know am I" I replied while getting into a fighting stance.

Rowan followed my lead and me started to circle.

I ran at him with my sword drawn and metal met metal as I blocked his strikes and he blocked mine.

Soon the rest of the court gathered around us and cheers for both sides rang out.

"Rowan she needs an ego check" Aedion yelled from the side line as Lysandra smacked him.

It went on like this for a while until Rowan knock my sword out of my hands and he quickly discarded his "its just getting interesting" I hissed into his ear as I passed.

After a while we both called a draw as it was getting dark.

And we  all separated and walked back to our respective rooms but instead of going to our room Rowan lead me into the outskirts of the Oakwald forest.

"What are we doing here" I whined.

"You'll see" he said as he laid out small white candles "It worked the first time it'll work again" he finished while stepping back to admire his work.

"Sit" he said while patting the ground next to him.

I sent a small burst of power toward the candle in front of me but instead of just light one I set three of them and and the surrounding ground on fire.

.....

"Again" he told me for what felt like the hundredth time after I scorched yet another candle.

The sun was starting to come up by the time I managed to light a single candle with out causing any damage to it. 

"One more" Rowan insisted.

"B-but I just did it" I said pointing to the still flickering candle in front of me.

"I know but we need to make sure it was not just a fluke" he said with a sly grin on his face and his cheeks ballooning out as he tried to keep his laughter in.

"Fine" I groaned as I punched him, hard in the shoulder. 

And I did it again perfectly.

"Are you satisfied yet?" I asked as I laid down on the ground completely giving out.

Soon Rowan laid down next to me "I guess I could be" he said slowly.

"Good because its all your getting" I said while closing my eyes. 

Until next time peace out!