Chapter 5

As I subtly glared at my best friend Dimitri, Madison glanced at her phone and huffed

As I subtly glared at my best friend Dimitri, Madison glanced at her phone and huffed. She was about to place her phone back down before it dinged once more. "It seems someone is popular tonight," D chuckled. Checking her phone again, Maddie began to type. As she was distracted with messaging her friend, my idiotic cousin began to head towards us giving sex eyes towards Dream Legs. Now not only did I have my annoying right hand man bugging me but Alexei.

Just as Alexei was a few steps from the bar, Maddie placed her phone down on the counter and hopped off the barstool. As she was readjusting her jeans and top, I looked down at her phone.

 "Leaving so soon, and without a goodbye, god I thought we had at least become acquaintances," she replied dramatically, "oh my how I long to see you again, goodbye Nikolai I do hope the stars align and we meet once more

"Leaving so soon, and without a goodbye, god I thought we had at least become acquaintances," she replied dramatically, "oh my how I long to see you again, goodbye Nikolai I do hope the stars align and we meet once more." Alex and D snickered at her remark as I tried to hide my smile. "If you had given me a moment I would have said bye," she rolled her eyes and continued "what is in the water here that everyone is so tall and that is coming from me, a 5'11.9999999999 woman."

"You think I'm tall, have you seen Nico, the man is built different," Alex said with a smirk. He could be a great wingman at times or a weird one like in that instance. "We are Eastern European dear, of course we are tall," Dimitri added. "Anyways I've gotta go, nice meeting y'all!" Maddie exclaimed and sped away.

I wondered why she had to cut our conversation short and especially without asking me for a number or some form of communication. I don't mean to sound conceited but I'm a good looking dude, no one passes on the opportunity to f*ck me. Whether it's my money or looks, women throw themselves at me, not Maddie though.

Alexei patted my back and shouted in my ear that he totally wanted seconds. I don't know what it is about Maddie but like hell will I allow my cousin or best friend to get with her, or any man for that matter. I snapped at my cousin and got a smirk in response from both him and D.

"What was so important that you interrupted my conversation, D" "I think we should move into the back room before we talk further, Alex we probably won't be coming back so you can go do whatever." As Dimtiri and I headed to the back room, Alex picked out a random redhead to take home. Entering my office, Dimitri began to talk about how our warehouse in Maine was raided.

"Was protocol followed, or was that the issue" I was steaming, if one of our prisoners was captured I'll have to go on a killing spree to release stress and find new guards

"Was protocol followed, or was that the issue" I was steaming, if one of our prisoners was captured I'll have to go on a killing spree to release stress and find new guards. "No, we followed protocol, we killed the prisoners so no one could escape and no major damage was done to the warehouse but we were unable to extract information from the Italian before his death." "Ok I will look for a new warehouse in the area, as of now we are selling the old property, we don't want to take any risks. Did we capture any of the attackers?" "No they are all dead or escaped, we looked at some of their tattoos and it was Alejandro's group, the Spanish Mafia." "Alejandro and Lorenzo have been spotted together several times, the Spanish and Italians may have formed an underground alliance, set up spies for both groups and monitor activity in both countries, other than that dismissed." I responded coldly and waved my hand towards D.

I called one of C&C's legitimate businesses to buy the old warehouse in Maine and convert it into a factory for one of my many businesses. As for finding a new piece of property I'll pass the duty onto one of my men. As I continued to look through treaties and business proposals I couldn't focus due to a particular tall brunette that seemed to not leave my mind.

Authors Note:
Hey y'all!! Sorry I haven't been active, honest answer is that I have just been super lazy to write but I promise I will try to be better and publish faster! Anyways thank you for choosing my book. I am about to introduce a few new characters with aesthetics so if you have any names comment them here!!