Chapter 6:

I was asleep when I was jostled out of my sleep from someone screaming in the room across from mine. From Rosetta's room. I push the covers off of my body and pull on a pair of sweatpants before running out of my room and across the hall to Rosetta's, her door still closed but the rest of our family was hurriedly making their way over to me. "What is going on Antonio?" My dad asks as he rubs the sleep out of his eyes, his hair sleep mused.

"Is Rosetta okay?" Carmine asks, his voice sounding from my right. "Hurry and open the door, Tony!"

"Yeah, why are you-" Rikardo starts but I cut him off with a sharp glare.

"I was just getting to that." I grumble as I knock on her door, but she didn't answer so I open the door and see her body thrashing beneath the covers. My little sister was having a nightmare, and I was pretty sure I knew why. If that bastard wasn't already dead, I would be flying to the states right now and doing the deed myself. I take large steps until I was at my sister's side, gently tapping her shoulder to try and wake her. Almost instantly her eyes fly open, fear being the first thing I see, but then I saw recognition, then the tears started. "Hey, don't cry sorellina. It was just a nightmare, your safe!" I say before gently pulling her into my arms, her arms were quickly wrapped around my waist as she sobbed into my chest, tears falling down my skin. (Little sister)

For a good ten minutes she just cried before she began to calm down. Once she had calmed down enough, she tried to talk. "I-I thought..." She hiccups. "I t-thought I w-was ba-ack the-re." She whimpers, and I look up at my brothers and dad to see that they had the same frown that I had on my face. The same glint in their eyes that I knew mine held. Once again, he's lucky he's dead...

"Well, you aren't back there sorellina, your here with us. With your famiglia." I murmur, my chin resting on the top of her head. (Little sister, family) I stroke her hair with one hand to try and help her finish calming down. "Is there anything that you need or want?"

She's quiet for a moment, only a soft whimper sounding as she let her emotions wind down. "I d-don't want t-to be alone." She whispers, turning her head away from my chest as she sniffles.

"I can stay with her tonight." Nik says before adding, "If that is okay with you Rosetta."

Rose turns her head and sees the rest of her brothers and dad, she looks at them with wide eyes before nodding her head. "That's okay, thanks Nikolas."

"You can call me Nik, and your welcome sorellina." Nik says with a small smile before walking over to Rose's bed and holding his arms out to her. Rosetta pulls herself away from me and is in our brothers' arms moments later. The rest of us take that as our cue to leave her room and go back to ours.

In the hallway my dad pulls me aside. "If that bastard wasn't already dead, I'd do the fucking job myself. We don't even know what he did exactly, all we know is that he abused her and now she's having nightmares. He's just lucky that he died in that car crash..."

"I know padre, I feel the same way." I murmur. "All we can do is be there for her and help her when she needs it or wants it." I pause for a moment before looking at my dad. "We can't let her be a part of the mafia padre, surely nonno can't... Can't Bianica take her place? Bianica knows what she would have to do!"

"Your nonno is adamant that she be the principessa mafiosa. I can't persuade him otherwise. I'm sorry Tony, if I could, I would. I would do anything to keep your sorella out of this." My dad says before turning away. (Mafia Princess) "Get some sleep figlio." (Son)

"Sì padre." I murmur before entering my bedroom. With a heavy heart I climb back into my bed and lay there, my heart going out to my sorellina. Eventually I fell back asleep, dreaming about murdering the faceless man that called himself 'Stepdad.'

____________

Here's the next part! I hope you enjoy it! It isn't as long as usual, but I don't feel very well and was having a bit of writer's block.

Enjoy,

xX0bayleigh0Xx