IV Chapter twenty one

POV: Louis Tomlinson

I am quietly catching up with my father about how Harry is doing when suddenly several doctors storm into his room. I immediately get up and run to the door, where I am unfortunately stopped. "You have to wait," the man says. I cross my arms angrily as I try to look past the man on my toes, hoping to see Harry, but unfortunately I can't. I can't see Harry.

"Let me through!" I shout, but the man pretends to be deaf. I am pulled back by my father. "Hey Lou, calm down. The doctors are with him, they really know what to do."

His voice calms me down a bit and I take my seat back on the chair. I look at the clock and see that it is already 23:43. Time goes fast! Only now do I feel how tired I actually am of this day. A lot has happened and I'm happy to say that I've contributed to the fact that Harry is safe now, away from his mentally unwell mother.

"What could be wrong with him?" I ask my father. He gently shrugs his shoulders. "I wouldn't know kid, but he'll be fine. I'm sure of it."

I pull my knees up on the chair and lay my head on them. My eyes feel so heavy I can barely keep them open. I hear my father say something to me that I can't understand so I tiredly lift my head and look at him.
"Hm?"

"I asked if- oh hey, do we have to go home? You seem tired."

I shake my head. "No, I want to stay here with Harry."

My dad runs a hand through my hair and smiles. "What a sweet son I have," he says. "But are you sure? We can go home and go back tomorrow. You need some rest." I smile softly and shake my head. There's absolutely no way I'm going home. "Okay, well, shall I pick up some food? You haven't had anything yet and neither have I for that matter."

I nod. I'd like some.

"Okay, be right back. What do you want? They don't have full meals here because the restaurant is closed but I can get you something from the vending machine."

I think for a moment before answering, "Just do a Mars or something along those lines."

"Coming right up!" He says and then starts to walk away.

I am alone and for the first time but I don't like it. Normally, with four sisters at home, I like to be alone for a while, but now I wouldn't mind some company. I couldn't do it like Harry; having no friends and only being able to communicate with your mother. At least, that's what I understood.
My gaze stays on room door 17. I keep looking at it until the door suddenly opens again. Immediately I stand up and walk at a fast pace to the door.

"And?" I ask impatiently.

They look at me for a moment and then look at each other.

"Mr Styles has been hyperventilating and he wasn't calming down on his own so we gave him some medication so he is now sleeping and his breathing is stable and under control again."

"That was what was going on?" I ask. If so, it wasn't too bad in the end. I thought he was having a heart attack or something like that!
"Yes. He'll wake up in half an hour to an hour and then he'll be fine," says a doctor, smiling. I smile back.

"Thanks," I say.

They nod and then walk out of the corridor together. I look through the window where I can see Harry now, and he's lying there adorably. His brown curls fall sweetly over his face and he lies so softly that it looks as if he hasn't been through anything bad. Unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth. He is very vulnerable.

"A Mars for sir," I suddenly hear a voice behind me. I turn around and see a happy father standing behind me. I take the Mars from him and thank him. "What have you got?" I ask back. "Well... I couldn't decide between a Bounty or a Snicker..."

I can guess what he's going to say.

"So you bought both," we say in unison. "Very true," my father laughs. I have to laugh too. That's a typical Dad thing to do.

"How's Harry?" He asks after a while when we are sitting on the chairs again.

"He got hyperventilated the doctors said, and he'll wake up in half an hour to an hour."

"Ah, okay. That's not too bad. Do you want to wait until he wakes up?"

"Absolutely."