8. crazy day and shitty morning

Soon, the day came to an end and it was time to go home. I packed up my stuff and headed out.

When I got home, Senna was there waiting for me with a bright smile.

"Hi babes! How was the first day?" she asked excitedly.

I smiled. She looked like a small toddler excited seeing Elmo.

"It was definitely one for the books" I smiled back at her.

"Oh shit, what happened" she asked.

"Well for starters, I was late. Even though I woke up early and whatever. Driving in snow is hard as hell.

Then when I finally made it to work, I ran inside. However, that wasn't the brightest idea. I bumped into a freaking attending and ate dirt!" I told her.

She was cracking up.

"I'm glad you're finding humor in my day so far" I told her amusingly.

"Lmao it's just funny. Only you" she said laughing.

"Continue"

"Okay so then after I fell on my ass and ate dirt, the attending, Ashton, ended up giving me stitches. And then I made it late to the morning meeting."

"After, cal and I attended to a trauma call. That was scary. We managed to stabilize her and she's expected to make a full recovery, but it was a lot. Not to mention, Ashton, helped me save her." I told her as I looked down.

She grabbed my shoulder. "Hey, you should be proud of yourself. You literally saved her life. She wouldn't be here without you.

"Yeah you're right." I told her.

"At least you had one for the books. On the bright side you can tell your kids about this in the future." She said laughing.

"Ha ha very funny." I told her with a smile

"Tell me about your day!" I told her excitedly.

"Well, I had three photo shoots today and that was pretty much it!" she said excitedly.

"Soon you'll be on those build boards" I told her happy for her.

"Haha okay" she said as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm telling you!"

***

I woke up the next day, earlier I might add, and headed to work. I wanted to make sure I had the proper time to defrost my windows and what not.

I got to work and headed to the locker room to put my stuff down in my locker and headed out to the conference room for the morning meeting.

I walked in and sat down. "Morning" I said quietly.

"Oh look it's the princess." whispered an intern.

Um- excuse me? What?

I looked to him. "I'm sorry? Did you say something?" I asked him with furrowed brows.

He scoffed. "Hah, don't worry about it." He said cockily.

"If you have something to say to me, say it'." I told him angrily.

"Whatever" he said.

I rolled my eyes. Rude.

Suddenly, all the attendings walked in. I spotted Luke, Calum, Ashton & three others who I didn't know.

"Good morning everyone. Welcome to day 2 of your internship." Luke said.

There was a chorus of "good mornings" that followed.

"Since this is a special internship, you all will be rotating with different attendings throughout the next couple months. This week, you will spend a day with a new attending. You will gain insight on their field and you will be expected to present a few cases by the end of the month." said a red haired doctor.

"At the end of the month, this will determine who stays in the program and who leaves us" she said strictly.

Don't mess with her, got it.

"When you hear your name, go with your respective attending."

"Okay, Arya, Jordan, Caiden, Olivia and Jay are with Dr. Hemmings for today." She called out.

"Aww the princess doesn't get special attention today?" said that intern, whose name I figured out was Caiden.

I stood up and looked to him. "What is your problem with me?" I asked him.

"Nothing, just the fact that you started getting special treatment since you got here." He said snarky.

Gosh somebody slap this boy.

"Ex-cuse me?" I said annunciated each word.

"You're excused." he said.

"This is not proper behavior we expect from interns." We both heard out loud.

"You two, remain here after."

Shit