twenty two (22)

*simons point of view*

three days later

"remind me how it happened again?" felice asked.

wilhelm scoffed.

"both of us have already told you twice," he reasoned.

"and if you really care that much you can just watch the video that's all over twitter and instagram and everything," i said.

it was a wednesday after classes. sara, felice, wilhelm, and i were in my room watching a movie on a tiny projector i got as a birthday present. we weren't really watching the movie, it was just on for background noise. this was the first time we were hanging out with sara again. well, it was the first time wilhelm and i were. felice took her back with open arms the second she realized what actually happened. august hasn't been present at any meals he wasn't required to, but he did wish wilhelm and i congratulations. in a tweet because people were demanding him to and he didn't want to look bad.

wille had his head in my lap, as he usually does, and my back was against the wall the foot of my bed meets. felice was braiding sara's hair on the floor.

"you have that interview meeting thing tomorrow, right?" sara asked wilhelm.

he nodded the best he could without picking up his head. i started playing with his hair.

"what kind of questions do you think they'll ask you?" i asked.

he looked up at me.

"well, they'll ask me to confirm if it's true, even though it's very obviously me and i confirmed it on twitter and made that post of you yesterday."

he took a picture of me writing an essay for social sciences yesterday and thought it would be cute to post it with the caption "lover writing letters?". it was very cute, but he wouldn't let me look at the picture before he posted it so i had to pretend to be mad at him for an hour.

i nodded.

"and then they'll ask me some very uncomfortable questions about sexuality i'm not sure i'm ready to answer," he said, and i could hear the nervousness wavering in his voice.

"you remember what i told you, right?"

he nodded.

"and i think that's what i'm gonna tell them. i don't know what i like but i like you and that's what counts."

he smiled at me.

felice and sara made fake gagging noises.

"you two better stop being cute or i'm gonna puke all over your sister's hair," felice warned.

we all laughed.

there was knocking that wasn't on my door, but it sounded like it was coming from across the hall.

"why don't you ever tell us which room you guys are in?" stella said through the door.

"we're in here!" felice yelled, "the door is open!"

the handle turned and in walked stella and fredricka. they looked all around the room until they finally came around the corner and saw us.

"oh, what the fuck," stella said.

"who let you two be so cute together?" fredricka added.

i could feel my face turning red, and wilhelm's was doing the same. felice and sara stood up.

"really guys? look what you did, they're blushing," felice joked, "come on, let's go."

everyone said goodnight and as they were about to walk out felice poked her head in.