PART I : WHO IS HERE?

Rimi
[Kolkata]

I'm uncomfortable af. What is with these people who all are upto social gatherings everyday?! People have cool cousins to hangout with at these kind of gatherings but look at mine's. Tista is 5 months pregnant, Nandini is with her finacé, and where is that duffer?

My eyes scanned around to find my youngest cousin, Arjun. And my eyes finally stucked at a figure of 3 foot 6 inches in yellow t shirt. Here he's. My 4 years old cousin. So? Tell me with whom I'm gonna hangout? None right? Rude but fine!!

I've been sitting on this single sofa since last 2 hours and scrolling my Instagram feed. I'm so fuckin' bored man!

"I can't even call Darshan." I sighed in disappointment.

"Rimi edike aay ektu.." (Rimi come here for a minute) said my mom. Like woah! She finally noticed my pissed off face? Cool.

I went to them and as usually they started shooting their never ending questions towards me to which i was least interested.

"Beta Nandini ki bhi shaadi agayi ab toh, what's your plans?"

"Will you work after marriage? Pehle ke zamana hote toh kabhi na karne dete sasural se. Ab toh alag baat hai chhodo"

"How much is your salary beta?"

"Wo Darshan accha khasa kama leta hai na huh?"

*wtf is wrong with them?*

I just pasted a small smile on my lips just to ignore these.

No i mean why do you care? I'm not gonna give even a penny from my salary to you guys!!! What's so interesting? And my life, my decisions why do y'all give a fuck? Y'all are pissing me off !

My phone buzzed showing Darshan's name on screen. Few of them looked at the screen with interest, and few smirked.

I excused myself to receive the call.

"Are you done with the recordings?" I said with excitement in my voice.

"Yes. Just finished." He hummed.

"Gosh you're my savior Darsh! My mind was going to explode with their shitty questions arghh!" I whispered.

"Lol already so pissed off? What are you gonna do in Nandini's wedding? A whole week at their place." I could see him smirking.

"I FUCKING DON'T KNOW MAN! WHY NONE LEAVE ME ALONE? GIVE ME SOME SPACE NAH?" I groaned.

"Leave leave! Tell me how was the recording? Did it go well?" I asked.

"Yep! It went awesome. Just had to retake quite few times because Hardil, Jyugal, Sid were continuously laughing on that backing voice dub part." He sighed.

"Tired?"

"A bit yes. Haven't slept since the day before tomorrow. Finally recording part is over. Kal se instruments dubbing will be started." He replied.

"This will be so huge dekhna. You guys have been working so so hard. So proud of you Darsh!" I smiled unknowingly.

"Ahh i wish you were here now. I could have hugged you so tight. This sudden urges sucks no?" His voice softened.

*WHY DID HE DO THIS AT THIS HOUR WTF!!*

"Why Darshannnn!!! You already know how much i miss you, then whyyy? Freaking 6 months buddy!! It's been so long that we hugged, that i saw your face, i ruffled your hairs." I was this close from crying.

"But it's working out for us nah baba? I know long distance relationship sucks, it's tough af but we're making this happen na?" He assured.

"I wanna see you naaaaaaa" I nagged like a 5y/o kid.

"Come over."

"I could have gone till now if i had ways. But who's gonna supervise my 2nd family then? Who'll look after my Old age home people? I wish i had someone beside me to do this, but nevermind."

"You know what? I'm so proud of you! I'm so proud that i chose this beautiful soul to love." He said.

I smiled.

"Listen, now go and sleep okay? Dare to pull an all nighter today again! Go and have a tight sleep. Okay?" I kind of ordered him.

"It's only 12.15 now!! Who'll sleep now? I won't pull an all nighter, but sleeping at this hour isn't my cup of tea. AND YOU KNOW THAT." He defended himself nicely.

"Will you ever listen to what i say? You won't na?"

"Neend nahi ayega na..." He mimicked my tone.

"Put your phone aside and sleep. I don't want you to be a real life panda again like Asal Mein release time. Do you even remember how you looked after completing the shoot? Those dark circles gosh!! I don't wanna see those under your eyes again, go sleep!" I scolded.

"YOU LITTLE HOOMAN!!!!" he faked anger.

"Dare to call me that again. I'm short, that's not my fault you 'Lambu'!"

"MY LITTLE HOOOMANNNN"

And I melted. He just can swap one word and make my heart melt. We're 2.5 years together, still when he says  'MY', i go gaga over it like i used to before. It didn't change.

"Stop blushing ahem ahem" he cleared his throat.

"I'm not blushing! And stop pretending like you're spying me!!"

"That means you're." He smirked.

"Gosh go sleeeeeeeep na!" I almost cried. Gosh this boy is so annoying!

"Going!.........and wait wait.. listen" He spoke when i was about to cut the call.

"What?" I asked.

"Call me when you reach home. Okay?"

"No. I won't. Will drop a message. If i call you'll get a silly reason to stay up till late night. JUST GO AND SLEEP RAVAL" I scolded with louder voice.

"Well going. Good night!!! Safely reach home okay? I love you" He yawned.

"Yes I'll. Love you more huh!"

And he hung up the call.

You know i love the way how he changes my mood with only a phone call. Ya i know that couples stay together, laugh together, share their emotions, give each other comfort - but it's not like this in our case no? We can't see each other infront of us, we can't share a cozy evening, we can't hug to comfort the other, yet this is beautiful. This kind of love is beautiful to describe. You wait for a call the whole day, you face time and talk shits, you chat with them at night.

YOU AND THE OTHER PERSON WAIT FOR EACH OTHER TO MAKE A MOVE :) AND I THINK IT'S BEAUTIFUL! IT'S BEAUTIFUL TO LOVE AND TO BE LOVED. AND I'M BLESSED TO HAVE SOMEONE TO LOVE AND TO BE LOVED BY HIM 💙

================================
A/N : heyyyy wassup people? Missed me? I missed you all and writing stuffs here. I hope you liked this Lond distance love story between two souls. Exciting chapters on the way.

Lots of love x.
-Sumouli <3

DO VOTE AND COMMENT OKAY? 😛💙