PART III : WHO IS HERE?

"Mom you knew about this? Wow! Like y'all played with me?" I sipped some water and asked in anger.

"Ha pata tha. Toh? Darshan ne itni mehnat se sab kuch plan kiya aur main chowpat kardu? Kabhi nahi..." Mom defended Darshan.

*She already changed her team? Wow*

Darshan had a proud smile on his face.

"Ghoor kya rahe ho? Don't be jealous of me huh!!.........aunty you're the best!" He hugged mom while sitting on the chair. Mom patted his back and ruffled his hair.

I gave them a death glance!!!!

Then i noticed that small smile on dad's lips.

"Dad don't tell me you knew this too pehle se!" I had a last ray of hope to win against Darshan.

He said nothing but smiled wider.

WOAH MAN! EVERYONE KNEW ABOUT THIS? I FEEL SO DUMB WOW🙂

We finished dinner and everyone went to their respective rooms.

"Darsh..." I held his arm when he was about to lay down on bed.

"Hmm?" He sat properly.

"Let's go to terrace na?" I made a puppy face.

"Weren't you so tired hmm?" He caged my back and my hands found his shoulder.

"Ha toh i was, not anymore!!" I stucked out my tongue.

He smirked and woke up. Then i dragged him towards the terrace. The night was so peaceful. It rained this morning so i could smell the wet soil. The sky was dark and barely had any cloud. That means it won't rain anymore now. Tiny sparkling stars were visible all over the sky. I looked at the wide sky and smiled without a reason. He was staring at me from a distance. He had a smile pasted on his pink lips.

"Let's sit." I held his hand and sat on the ground.

"Were you this beautiful all the time? Or some glowup happened when I wasn't here?" His eyes never left my face.

"You and your cheesy lines ufff!" I looked down. The tiny dimples on my cheeks were prominent.

"You know it doesn't feel like it's your first time dating a girl. You seem very experienced"  i finally spoke up.

"Am i that good at it? So all these works no?" His face shined.

"May work on other girls but doesn't on me." I pretended that these small compliments never affected me but miserably failed when his intense gaze fell on me.

"I see. Hmm." He put his face on his palm which was supported on his right leg.

I face palmed me. DAMN HE KNOWS MY SOFT POINTS. HE KNOWS HIS PRESENCE AFFECTS ME.

"Ghooro mat aise yaaaaarrr!" I nearly cried because his intense gaze was affecting me badly.

He smirked and looked at the sky.

"So?" He asked.

"So? Sing a songggg!!!" I demanded.

".....err wait wait let me bring you your guitar. Wait......." I ran to downstairs.

Let me tell you he's superrrr possesive about his guitars and hair. But both of these rules doesn't applies for me tho! Hehe *flex flex*

I took out his brown guitar from the cover and i don't know i felt something. His whole damn world stays inside this guitar, inside all these instruments, inside his voice, inside his family and me. I feel unreal sometimes just by thinking I'm a part of his life. Love never gave me good memories. Loving only holds bitter memories for me. I still remember how those guys broke my heart and left me in the middle way. I never believed in love after them. I used to get irritated. I used to have mood swings time to time, i used to scream at my family for no fuckin' reason. Today when i recall those days, i feel it was a nightmare. Maybe the worst nightmare of my life.

Today i smile, i laugh, i work with so many people and deal with their demands and mood swings. If I'm changed today it's only because of Darshan. He unexpectedly came into my life and changed my whole damn world! I feel blessed to know how does it feel to be loved, to get the love back.

I ran my fingers over the fret board of the guitar and took it to where he was sitting.

"What took you so long?" He looked back towards me.

"Nothing. Aa hi rahi thi bas...." I handed him over his guitar.

"Toh kaunsa gaana?" He started stroking the strings in a rhythm.

"You know my favourite." I joined my knees and hugged them. I put my face on my joined knees and looked at him with admiration.

"Hmmmm...." He adjusted his fingers and stroked the strings in c major scale. Well i understood because i learnt playing ukulele during the lockdown period. YESSS! A PRODUCTIVE QUARANTINE ;)

"......Humko mili hai aaj ye ghadiya naseeb se

Jee bharke dekh lijiye humko qareeb se......"

I remember when i went to Mumbai at his place was the last time he sang this for me. The season changed from Winter to Monsoon, we became 6 months older, his lots of projects came out, i learnt to improve my skills a lil bit - but the peace his voice had, is still the same! He still sings closing his eyes. And he's lost. Lost in the depth of the song. Lost in a dream, which will never end.......

"Phir aapke naseeb me ye baat ho na ho.....shayad phir iss janam me mulaqat ho na ho......"

I just kept looking at him. My eyes never left his face, even not for a second. My heart was racing, but i was calm. I felt peace gulping my body.

"Lag ja gale, se..... se........"

2 minutes there was complete silence. None of us uttered a single word. He kept his eyes closed, i kept looking at him. I didn't know he finished it already, maybe he didn't know either.

After couple of minutes of silence, he finally spoke.

"Accha laga?" He sat in the same posture as mine.

"Hm?" A soft hum left my lips but i was unaware of his question. I was drowned in the never ending ocean of PEACE AND LOVE.

He held my hands. His warm touch made me realise the reality.

"Accha laga?" He pressed both of my plams with his.

"I felt peace!" I looked at the sky and exhaled.

He kept looking at me with a questioning look.

"Peace is what each and everyone in this whole world desire for. People have wealth but not peace. YOU FEEL LIKE PEACE TO ME. and I don't know any other adjective that describes how do you make me feel......" Last two words stucked in my throat. I felt moisture under my eyes. I was in a verge to break down in his arms. Reason? Even I don't know. I didn't want to hide those tears today. Tears of the distance between us, tears of getting chances barely to tell him how good or bad my day was, tears of happiness to hold him after so long.

He left my hands and turned his body a bit. And i felt his head on my lap. He closed his eyes and let out a small sigh. A sigh of peace. A sigh of that moment, when he came back to HIS HOME 💙

================================

A/N : Hello lovelies ✨ hope y'all are doing great. I'm trying my best to make it regular between my schedule and classes. I'm really hoping my words are able to make you feel what the main leads are feeling at this point.

Please do share your valuable reviews. And vote okay? 😛💙

Love love <3
- Sumouli 🌸