christmas eve.

The morning of Christmas Eve, Teddy gets a nasty shock in the shower as halfway through the water turns into a spray of thousands of black, swarming spiders

She screams so loudly she hurts her throat, and scrambles out of the bathtub so quickly that she skids on the tiles and falls to her knees. The spiders crawl over her skin, and there's so many of them that she can't even brush them all off. They're even crawling around her hair. She's still screaming when her father bursts into the bathroom, his eyes wide and panicked as he whirls around with his wand outstretched, looking for the threat.

"Teddy-!" Fleamont begins, before he lets out a shocked little yelp — Teddy doesn't know if he's more shocked by the spiders or the fact that she's naked and crying on the bathroom tiles. Either way, he quickly springs into action as he pulls her up to her feet and quickly covers her up with a towel, vanishing the spiders with a quick wave of his wand.

Even when they're all gone, Teddy swears she can still feel them scuttling all over her. Her skin crawls.

"Oh, honey." Her father holds her close and hushes her as she cries. "It's okay, they're gone."

It only takes a moment for her tears to turn to fury. "Where is he?"

Fleamont winces, but apparently makes the decision to not stand in her way. "Kitchen." He says, taking a hesitant step after her as she storms out of the bathroom in nothing but a towel. "Darling, don't you think you should put some clothes on before trying to murder your brother-?"

Teddy doesn't even bother responding, rushing down the stairs and clutching the towel to her chest. The boys and Lily had arrived at Potter manor early that morning and planned on staying the night for Christmas — honestly, Teddy doesn't even know when they had gotten the chance to meddle with her shower. When she bursts into the living room, she spots James and Sirius giggling together on the couch as Remus flicks through a novel by the window.

It's Remus who looks up first, and his eyes blow wide and startled when he catches sight of her. "Teddy, what on earth-?"

His exclamation has both James and Sirius looking up, and they both burst into laughter at the sight of her. Her hair is wet and tangled, and she's still breathing hard from her panic over the spiders. The towel her father had grabbed for her is absolutely tiny, and barely covers her breasts down to the very top of her thighs.

"Uh oh," Sirius cackles, "You look a little frazzled, Ted."

James leans forward, elbows resting on his thighs as he cackles. "Don't tell me your lovely peaceful shower was interrupted-"

"Dickheads!" Teddy grabs at the nearest object to her (which just happens to be a large, ceramic lamp) and hurls it at them.

Both boys yelp and dive out of the way as the lamp shatters on the wall behind them. James tumbles onto the floor, still laughing, as Sirius hurdles the arm of the sofa. Teddy snatches a decorative pillow off an unoccupied armchair and hurls that as hard as she can — it nails James right in the face, and he yells as he falls backwards.