adjustment.

Teddy doesn't think she's ever seen her brother so angry in her entire life

He's been pacing back and forth, practically stalking the living room, so incandescent with rage that he's apparently incapable of even speaking, ever since he'd arrived back at the house within minutes after Sirius had walked in on them. 

It's honestly a little bit intimidating.

Teddy sits sprawled on the couch, wrapped in a fluffy pink bathrobe and scowling at James resentfully. After Sirius had burst into her room and started screaming, she'd only just about had the presence of mind to scramble for something to cover her. Regulus hadn't been much help at all, frozen and bewildered at the impromptu arrival of his estranged older brother onto a scene of extreme intimacy. 

Beside her, Regulus is now biting his lip and very visibly trying not to laugh. One of his arms is slung across the back of the couch as he lounges lazily wearing nothing but pyjama bottoms. His fingers trail over the back of Teddy's neck every time James isn't looking.

In the armchair closest to the fire, Sirius has covered his face with his arms and has tipped his head dramatically back in the chair. "God, I wish I could cast Scourgify on my brain. Fucking hell. I'm going to need therapy for life after that."

"Why are you even here?" Teddy snaps, embarrassment making her tone sharp and angry. "Merlin, you shouldn't be walking into my room without knocking anyway-!"

"Well, I hardly expected to walk in on my little brother and sister shagging, did I?"

Regulus actually chokes at that, his eyes blowing wide as he practically gags in horror. "Your- your what? Fucking hell, don't phrase it that way-!"

"Why, does it make you uncomfortable?" Sirius snaps back at him. "Think of how I feel, you little pervert!"

Finally, James stops pacing. When he turns to glare at the two of them on the couch, Teddy can see the angry flush darkening the highpoints of his cheek. He drags one hand through his hair, and his fingers are actually shaking with the effort it appears to be taking him to not hex Regulus right where he's sitting.

"I asked him to come and check on you, because I was worried about you being alone in the house with him." James' voice trembles with barely suppressed rage. "And apparently, I was right to be concerned, considering he was defiling you-"

"Oh, fuck off, James!" Teddy snaps back, moving to stand up from the couch.

Ignoring her, James turns his enraged glare on Regulus. "I want you out of my house."

"James!" Teddy snarls, irritated. "Stop it. He's still injured-"

"Clearly not injured enough-!"

"And Dumbledore put him here to recover!" Teddy raises her voice stubbornly.

"I'll tell Dumbledore there were extenuating circumstances." He says tightly. "I'm sure he'll understand. He can fuck off and go stay with his little Death Eater mate in London with Remus."