Chapter 16

Asher-

When I heard the news I was shocked. I didn't even want to get a girlfriend. Let alone a WIFE.
What the fuck was I supposed to think?!
She's pretty and all, but I can't marry her.

She comes up with a plan and it certainly sounds intriguing. We could accept and get married but behind closed doors we would hook up with whoever we want. Hmm. It fits my agenda .

It's better if we keep things platonic that way we won't catch feelings for each other. I don't want to fall in love and neither does she. It's better this way. What if we don't work out? If we end up divorcing it could be bad for our mafias. So the only option is not falling in love.

————————————————————————-

Rose ~

In two months I'll turn 21. I don't know if anything changes since I turn 21 first.
I promised myself I won't fall in love. I can't. He's an arrogant asshole and he doesn't care about anyone but himself .

The past days were pretty calm. Me and Asher spent time talking about the De Santos gang.
They were pretty quiet so far . It meant they were planning something big .

I hear the door slam hard in Ashers room. Damn what the fuck?! I hear shattering and stuff being thrown around the room. I quickly get out to check what's wrong. I burst inside his room and there I see him on the floor. His arms were on his knees and his head was down.

I went up to him slowly and sat down next to him. " Asher.. are you okay?" I whispered.
" Can you leave?" He manages to get out.
I hear his voice shivering like if he's about to cry.
Then I hear him whimper and start crying. Oh god what am I supposed to do? We aren't close but I have to comfort him.

I start rubbing his back and he cries even more. Oh no. I slowly bring him down to my lap so his head rests on top of my legs. He's still crying.
I start stroking his hair to try to comfort him.

" shh.. shh.. it's okay Asher.. I'm here." I say while rubbing his shoulders.
We stay like that for an hour. In pure silence.