chapter 7

he looked up into the clouds and sees the face of...pal? he looks back down at the ground and starts pedalling fast to get to her house quickly and forget all this mess. he looks back up forward after turning the corner and seeings a figure near abbeys house. he starts going slower so he doesnt frighten it.
once he gets close enough to see what it is, he cant believe his eyes. a machine. but it looked...bigger. bigger than the twins. bigger than those big black robots mom had slayed. it looked ginormous.
he gets closer and theyre heading towards abbeys house. he follows them, and once they arrive at her house they shapeshift into her parents!! they open the door and walk inside, and before they even shut the door, aaron is racing to them. he taps their shoulder. they turn around to look at them and he ays
"hey! its aaron, heh. im here to give abbey her soup for her fever..?"
the bots glance at each other and look back at him. the "mother" smiles and says "come on in!"
"he walks inside and speed-walks to abbeys room, where he finds her holding her notebook, writing something in it. she looks over to him and closes it.
"hey aaron! thanks for the soup."
she grabs the bowl and drinks q little of the broth.
"im sooo hungry. my parents have been gone since morning. thank god theyre home!"
aaron stares at her wide eyed and sits on her bed.
"ok. dont freak out. those things in there arent your parents. theyre robots who shape-shifted to look like them."
abbey laughs. "im not THAT sick. you cant trick me like that."
aaron sighs. "im not joking abbey! those things arent your mom and dad. i saw them transform!"
abbey looks at him a little more serious now. "aaron, i think YOU'RE sick. i think you need to get going."
he panics. "please believe me! theyre going to capture you and kill you!!"
abbey rolls her eyes. "aaron, youre insane!"
before he can answer, the robot kicks down the door and looks them in the eye. aaron and abbey stare in shock.
"i told you so" were the last words aaron said before they were both captured.