Chapter 1

TVD
Season 1, Episode 1
Pilot

------

It had been a long time since I had been to the Salvatore boarding house, 15 years to be exact, and even longer since I had seen my nest. I know I shouldn't have skipped nesting for all those years but I couldn't bear to spend time apart from Stefan and Damon. This year I would have to though, there was a reason I was going to make use of my nest.

I was on the roof with Stefan, Damon had gone to get a bite to eat. He would bring me back some food too, as he knew that I was way too grumpy when I was hungry. I was laying in his lap, one hand stroking through my hair while the other was rubbing my stomach, a three month old baby bump showing. It was still too small to be showing through my clothing, but soon I would have to go through extra measures to hide it. Dragon pregnancies were only around 6 months, so we had decided my cover story would be that the baby was further into my stomach. I would only ever look like I was in my fifth month of pregnancy before I would lay my egg.

I looked up and out towards the forest past the backyard. I could see Damon off in the distance, in his hand was a water bottle and brown bag, the bottom stained red with blood. "He's got the food," Stefan said, lowering his head to rest on mine. The boys had both been overprotective ever since they found out they had impregnated me. We hadn't been trying for a child but it just happened, the amount of blood sharing that occurred that night made it impossible to tell which of the two had gotten me pregnant. We were glad though, this baby would be the ultimate child, with dragon and vampire genes our kid would surely be stronger than anything, and we would raise them to be equally as awesome.

A brief breeze came by as Damon jumped on the roof, carrying a smirk on his face. "How are our princesses doing?" He questioned in a broad tone, leaning down to press a kiss to my belly before pressing one to my forehead. He held out the bag to me, allowing it's smell to drift over. I grabbed it, opening the top to take a deep breath of the scent. It wasn't what I usually ate, the life inside of me was suddenly repulsed by my favorite type of this snack. "The little one is all good, I however, am very hungry." I replied pulling one of the hearts out of the bag.

"What kind of hearts are these?" I questioned as I examined it, I wanted to be sure he got the right kind. He had a bit of a quirk with bringing the right thing, often wanting to get a different option. "Well," he said, handing a water bottle full of animal blood to Stefan.

"It's a mixture of squirrel and human." I nodded and gripped his hand with my own. I pulled him down, giving his lips a peck to show my appreciation before taking a lick of the human heart. I put it back in the bag, trying not to tempt myself. The human hearts would go toward a smoothie for school tomorrow, and the squirrel would be for dinner, the sky becoming darker by the second.

"We should go inside," Stefan said, a few drops of blood still on his lips. I sat up, gently gripping the back of his head. I used it to guide his head closer, licking the blood off his lips. I was impartial to blood, it wasn't as good as hearts but I knew that my nature meant nothing tasted as good as hearts. Damon nodded, opening the window Stefan and I came through earlier so that it was opened wider, "Ladies first," he said, gesturing to the window. I stood up from my seat, walking over to the window. "Thank you," I smiled, leaning down and beginning to crawl into the attic. Stefan came in after me, allowing Damon to be last.

We began to walk down the stairs, linking my hands with Stefan and Damon. As the hallway became known to our eyes, Stefan suddenly stopped, picking me up with precise speed. He carried me bridal style, my head resting right over his heart beating in his chest. My hand still laced with Damon's, we headed into the room we would be occupying. Stefan dropped me on the bed, pulling his shirt off and beginning to change. Damon copied, allowing me to stare at their naked bodies. I had seen them hundreds of times, but the sight would never get old.