𝟐𝟗| 𝐀 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐢𝐞

-𝐇𝐄𝐑-

The first thing that I did when I returned to Mr Night's residence was that I locked myself in my room and tried on the new dresses that I had just bought. I was over the moon with how the dresses fit me and how they looked on me.

The peach dress made me look less pale and played with my eye colour while the blue dress brought out the blue in my eyes more. I decided to wear those two alternately regularly while I saved the yellow dress for special occasions because that dress made my hair look more golden, making. me mook more elegant and lovely.

I couldn't have been happier with the dresses. I had brought some ribbons as well to go with the dresses. I still kept my old dresses just in case and arranged the dresser in my room which now looked less empty because of my new purchases.

Meanwhile, Max looked over the moon with the toy I had bought for him. It was a small teddy bear. I watched as he sat in front of the hearth in my room and sniffed and rubbed himself all over him.

It was lunchtime when I finally descended downstairs to have lunch. Filth had already laid everything out and was waiting for me.

His eyes almost fell out of their sockets when he looked at me in my new dress but he didn't say anything to me. He complimented me with his glares only while I grinned at him like a Cheshire Cat.

"Mr Night's isn't going to have lunch today?" I asked him as usual. I had never seen Mr Night eat or anywhere near this dining table but I still asked that question to Filth daily.

"He has had his lunch way before you,"

"Why does he eat so early?"

"Because he is a busy man," Filth informed.

"Oh, I would have never known that," I commented before I dug into the food finally. Some more bickering took place until I was finished eating. He instantly took my plates and stormed into the kitchen to save himself from my mind-numbing chatter.

I would have returned to my room but this afternoon, I stood outside the kitchen and shuffled a bit anxiously on my feet while contemplating if I should bother Filth about it now. After gathering some courage, I decided to go inside.

He was done washing the dishes by now and was arranging them. He glared at me from above his shoulder before he went back to wiping the kitchen countertop.

"Erm, what are you doing?" I asked him a bit anxiously.

"Trimming grass," He answered, wiping the stove.

"Ah, you look busy,"

"What do you think?"

"Erm... would you like to be bothered now?" I asked him, "It's something important," I told him a bit hesitantly. Hearing this, he froze slightly and slowly turned around to look at me.

"What do you have now?"

I took this moment to run my eyes from his head to toe. I think it would suit him perfectly because he lacked colour in both— his skin and his dressing.

"I needed to give you something," I told him.

"If it's a headache then no thank you," He grumbled before turning around and resuming wiping the stove.

"Oh, I actually have more than a headache for you today," I replied as I neared him.

"What is it?" He enquired sharply over his shoulder as he moved on to wiping the drying dishes. I eyed him before taking the small box out of my pocket and placing it beside him.

It took him a moment to notice the small box. He froze for a moment and eyed the box.

"What's that?" He asked me sharply.

"A bag full of gold," I replied.

"For whom?"

"For the pale boy,"

"Don't call me that," He hissed.

I sighed, "I bought it for you,"

"Is that a gift?" He inquired, still not touching the box. In fact, he was eyeing it as if I was hiding a bomb on it.

"Yes," I answered. He almost dropped the plate he was holding.

"I'm not allowed to receive gifts from guests," He told me grumpily, still eyeing the box with a newfound curiosity this time.

"Oh, it's a small thing. Mr Night wouldn't notice it," I told him.

"I still cannot accept this," He grumbled, returning to his work.

"Why not! I spent money on it!"

"No one told you to!"

"That's very rude of you," I pouted, holding the box in my hands. He gave me another glare from above his shoulder before he took the box from my hands with so much care as if he was holding a feather.

"I hope it's not a sick joke,"

"I can assure you that I would never spend my hard-earned money on something like that," I assured. Still, he looked nervous as he removed the ribbon from the box slowly. I didn't miss how his fingers were lightly shaking.

I stared at his face as he opened the box.

"What's this?" He asked, eyeing the small colourful bow tie in the box.

"A corset for you," I replied. "I chose the most colourful one I could find to give you some colour. Do you like it?" I asked him while he stared at the object with a straight face but I caught a strange emotion in his eyes.

"Yes," He answered grumpily, gently running the tip of fingers on the fabric of the bow tie. I grinned like a Cheshire Cat. I knew he would like it because I had noticed one particular thing about him. He liked to have colourful things. Most of his belongings, which I saw very little, were colourful.

"I'm glad you liked it," I told him. He shuffled on his feet hesitantly before grumbling a very awkward 'thank you'. With that, his face turned red. That was the first time I saw any colour on his face.

"You're welcome," I told him, gently patting his arm before leaving the kitchen. After that day, the number of glares that I received from him decreased drastically.

_

Author's Note:

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow me

You could read up to chapter 34 on Patreon. The link is in my bio.

Updating schedule — Wednesday, Saturday

Social media
Instagram- authorritz
Facebook- Benita Ritz
Twitter- BenitaRitz

Song above — Tessa Violet - Games 
(Click on the link in my bio for my Playlist)

Thanks for reading ♥︎