eyes full of stars

"Oz, slow down buddy," Ally chuckled, squeezing her son's hand. The young boy was dragging her down the hall toward his classroom, where Ally would be spending an hour of her evening in a parent-teacher conference. Oz had spent the last two months talking about how amazing his teacher was and this was finally Ally's chance to actually meet the woman he had been so fascinated by. Ally had only previously spoken to her via email, this would be the first time she had met her in person. After everything that had gone down with the cult, Oz had begun to share Ally's apprehension toward new people, but there was something about his teacher that made him completely forget it.

You looked up when you heard a knock at the open door and a wide grin appeared on your face. "Ozzy! Hi buddy! How are you doing tonight?"

"Miss Y/L/N, you can finally meet my mom!" Ozzy exclaimed, holding up Ally's hand as evidence. This earned a laugh from the brunette who simply shook her head and ruffled her son's hair.

As soon as you laid eyes on Ally, you stood up and sauntered over to greet her. "Senator, it's lovely to meet you," you beamed, extending a hand toward her.

"Ally's fine, really," the woman said softly. She gripped your hand and shook it gently as she smiled back at you. Your heart began to flutter at the smile she offered and you were taken aback. You had seen pictures of her in the news and on various social media platforms, but she was even more beautiful in person.

You led the pair to your desk, where you had set two chairs opposing your own. You offered the water and snacks you had prepared and were shocked to see Ally pick out a cookie from the platter you had gestured to. Trying to remain professional and ignore whatever feelings you were having, you turned your attention to the files laid out on your desk and searched for the one labeled with Oz's name. Once you found the correct file, you moved it to the top of the stack in front of you and relaxed in your chair. You put a quick thought out into the universe, hoping you could get through this meeting without making a fool of yourself in front of the older woman.

"Ozzy really is the best kid in my class," you started, glancing at the boy quickly and shooting him a smile before focusing on his mother again. "He has the highest grades and he's the most passionate about learning. It really isn't every day that you get a kid like him in the classroom. I'm so honored to teach him."

Ally beamed at the praise, she had worked hard to make sure her son was well-behaved but she understood that his experiences so far in life would always affect him, especially within the first few years. She was proud of her son for being excited when it came to school, she knew he was a brilliant child and the world deserved to see it.

For the remainder of the meeting, you had managed to keep yourself in a professional state and were able to ignore the butterflies fluttering in your stomach at the close proximity of the woman across from you. You couldn't believe you were getting so flustered by this woman you had never even met before. At one point during the conference, Ally's hand had brushed your own while you were handing her a paper to look at and you almost jolted at the feeling of her skin against yours. You tried your hardest to keep your composure and before you knew it, your hour with the senator and her son was up.

"Well, Miss Y/L/N, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you," Ally smiled, extending her hand as she stood up from her seat. "Oz adores you so it was nice to finally put a face to the name."

You shook her hand and nodded your head, returning the compliments. "If you ever have any questions or need anything, please don't hesitate to reach out. I would be more than happy to discuss anything with you. I'm glad I'm ending my night with the two of you, I knew this was going to be my best meeting. I'm not supposed to pick favorites, but Oz is definitely on the list."