❀[007]❀

"So...

How big is it?"

"CATH."

"WHAT? I WANT DINNER AND A SHOW. NOT A GROUP OF UNTALENTED PERFORMERS. 0/10 Y'ALL ARE A SHITTY CIRCUS. I want my refund." CATH crossed her arms while you gave her a look of disapproval.

"I am paying for whatever you order."

"I am satisfied with that refund."

Aether kept one hand on you at all times, gentle but tight. The burning sensation of his grip was a constant reminder of how he held a small bit of authority over you. You only scrunched up your nose at the sight of Catherine being so enamoured with the literal soft boy monster. A wolf in sheep's clothing incarnated.

He held the menu in his free hand while Catherine squirmed in her seat across from him, looking at him from every angle. She still couldn't believe her eyes, leaning forward a bit she touched his hair and immediately flinching backwards, "I guess the water isn't contaminated, he's actually real."

"He's crazy, Cath. Please. I need your help."

"Yeah, crazy cute" She bit her bottom lip, sliding her thumb across her face and index finger underneath her chin while he averted his gaze, uncomfortably. He looked over at you as you quickly skimmed through the menu trying to get ordering over with so you could think of a way to get away from the psycho next to you.

He let out a light hearted laugh to ease the tension, lightly giving you a squeeze as he turned the conversation back towards catherine, "you remind me of my sister's pet.. She had this little thing following her around all the time."

"A... a pet..?" She crinkled her nose at the name. She didn't think she was any type of pet? She acted more like the crackhead nextdoor, or the 'honey, go outside! Play with the neighbors kid' and the neighbors kid is that. Sometimes there's always a moment if regret when becoming friends with someone especially when you find out they are THAT kid. Everyone knows that kid.

"If Cath is any type of pet, It'd be a dog." You murmured, leaning into the palm of your hands as she grinned. You were to distracted by the fact you had to think. Think, think, and think. You can't scream for help in the middle of the restaurant. You had to sneak away somehow.

"GRRRRrrrRRrrrr WOOOF WOOF ARF ARF SNNNARRRLLLL GRRRR GRRRR ARF ARF ARF-"

"Hello, ladies!~ What would you like to order?"

You turned to the waitress wide eyed as your friend was barking like an insane person. Aether smiled at the waitress as a way to ease away from the fact she was barking. However, that was short lived. Ladies? Did she just say ladies? Aether paled a bit as he turned to the waitress, still smiling and keeping his composure.

"Ladies?" He whispered in a pained voice to her while the she squinted in response trying catching on.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I meant young ladies~" She winked at him. The waitress jotted down our orders as aether say having an internal crisis of questioning if he looked like a girl or not? Maybe he was just feminine looking? Or didn't talk deep enough? He loosed his grip enough for you to pull away from it.

What's a place he can't go? The kitchen? You could lie and pretend to be staff, or the bathroom? He wasn't a girl so that could work. You coughed, grabbing both of their attention. You fidgeted with your fingers nervously, "I, uh, gotta pee."

"I love that announcement. Are you going to tell the waitress too?" Cath retorted while embarrassment slowly crawled all over you causing your cheeks to flush.

"No, I would just like you to come with me?" You mumbled, standing up in the tightly fit table booth.

"You need me to hold your hand there too? Wait for you outside the stall so you don't fall in the toilet?"

"Cath! Please- Not today." Aether grabbed your wrist as you stood up while you kept trying to squeeze past him out the table booth. He looked you intently as if he already knew what you were planning and in a hurt voice he murmured, "Why can't I go with you?"

"Because you are a boy. Now stay and don't go anywhere." He sighed, letting go of your wrist that already had began developing a type of burn from the possessive tightness he always had clutched around it. The poor thing ached unbearably when it was free.

Cath held out her hand to you in a joking manner not expecting you to actually grab it and drag her to the bathroom along with you. You swallowed a massive lump in your throat as you have never felt so embarrassed in public before. It's that kinda feeling when you've been in the bathroom for a while and your parent gets a stranger to go in and call out your name to check on you. Awful.

You quickly scuttled into the bathroom, closing the door behind you, "Catherine, please listen to me. I'm seriously not in a relationship with that man. He's holding me hostage. And.. He's from a different dimension? Universe? Or something. He supposedly came from that little cube."

"What? Are you being serious? Completely serious?" She pursed her lips as you rambled to her mom's stop about he was 'keeping you captive'.

"Yes, Cath. Please. Listen to me." She sighed, looking around the bathroom until her eyes landed on a window big enough for you to fit through. She turned back to you, deep in thought. She loved you to death even if she literally tormented you with her words.

"We can either go out and act like everything is fine or I could help you run away? Or whatever. Why haven't you called the police? You know they can easily take care of this." She would help you out of anything if it came down to it. If you really were telling the truth, she'd help you escape, or at least try too.

"I've already tried calling them, Catherine. It doesn't work. Can I ask you something? If I runaway I want you to come with me, will you?" She bit her bottom lip in response.

"No, I won't. I'm sorry. I'd cover for you though if that's what you want."

"But I.."

"I can't come with you. It'd be way to obvious that you ran away, if I did. No hard feelings, but this also isn't my problem. I'd do anything for you, i love you to death. I really do. However, that's doesn't mean I have to runaway from my life."

"But you aren't. You are literally just leaving with me and that's it. You can go live your life. I just want to make sure you aren't stuck with him." She shook her head no as you sighed in response. You'd just leave yourself then. She'll be fine. She'll be alright. He won't actually kill her right?

You slid the bathroom window open, hanging your head out as you looked at the ground. No drop. It was just an easy slide out. You glupped, breathing in and out. Are you really going to leave out of a shitty restaurant window?

"Are you two alright?" The bathroom door creaked open as you stiffened at the noise. How'd he? They just let him go in like that? Oh wait.. They all thought he was a girl.

"She's not feeling well. I opened a window for her to get some fresh air after she threw up. Sorry if we worried ya.. um.. Why are you in here?" Cath questioned as his face turned a pink color in response.

"I thought you both were in trouble or something.. sorry.. I didn't mean to come in.. We can leave this place then and.. hang out another time when she's feeling better." You hung your head low in defeat as you pulled away from the window. You'd have to find another way.