03, star struck

( 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, star struck )

EMMETT HADN'T GONE TO SCHOOL IN A WHILE.

𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗚𝗥𝗔𝗗𝗨𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗝𝗨𝗦𝗧 gave him a ticket to work on the time machine. Every email NYU had sent his parents about him not attending any of his classes for the first week at school, he had just pretended that they were a bunch of incompetent idiots when his dad found out, showing him his 'homework' when it was really just a bunch of science stuff. Stiles was apprehensive, but he knew that 'Emmett wouldn't do anything rash'. How wrong was he.

As the sun shined in through the dirty motel windows, Emmett had been awake for almost an hour. Turning to his side to see the flashing red numbers, 6:00. Allison slept like she was home the whole night, and the whole night he looked at her, hating himself for what he'd done. It was supposed to work perfectly. His whole 'adult' life, built up to this moment... and it failed.

He was a failure.

It wasn't a word that he'd liked very much, and it wasn't one that was usually associated with Emmett Stilinski. And now as his life flashed before his eyes, it felt like that was the only word that could describe him.

He felt Allison shift beside him. He knew she wasn't exactly a person who respected personal space, and true to her nature, she turned to face him - eyes still closed - and moved a little closer to the boy, moving her arms to drape across his chest. Her forehead had rested against his shoulder, when a banging of the front door, awoke Allison, making her jump and smack Emmett in the face.

"Get up!" Derek roared, continuing to bang on the fragile door, probably waking up the rest of the people in the motel as well, but he didn't care.

When Emmett realised Derek wasn't going to stop, he huffed as he shoved the blanket of himself and opened the door quickly. "We get it, we're up," he exclaimed as he slammed the door back in his face. Through the thin curtains, they saw him go down the thin metal steps back to his car to wait for the two of them.

As the two kids got dressed in the clothes that Derek and Erika gave them the previous night and got ready for their day at school - which didn't take that long excluding the time Allison took to shower, but a part of her hoped - prayed - that this was all a dream. Even after he had told her of the Kanima and everything...,

one, she couldn't believe that her dad had kept something so important from her, I mean her entire family were all literally animals, did it mean she was one too? No, she would've known by now, right?

two, she was even more mad about being stuck here, not only was her entire future and everything that she's ever known potentially being erased, but now she has to not get eaten by half man half dogs? Really?