Chapter 26: Deny It

The doctor is discussing what happened to my grandma and we’re both listening to him as he advices us what should we do the next time. I thank the doctor also as he prohibited my grandma in working. At least she’ll listen to her doctor.

“You heard him right?” I asked grandma while smiling.

“Yes sir! AHAHAHAH but I still need to wait some of my laboratory results.” She said.

“Okay, grandma. I’m going to buy you food. What do you want, just bread?” I asked her.

“Yeah sure, I’ll be talking to Nurse Han, okay?”

“Yes grandma… Wait for me here.”

I walk away from her and went to where the elevator is. While walking I bumped into a random woman so I immediately apologized to her. “I’m sorry ma’am…”

Because of me she dropped her folder and some of the papers scattered on the floor. “I’m really sorry, ma’am. Let me help you.” I apologized again and helped her gathered all the paper.

“Ahahahahah, It’s okay. Thank you, kid.” She replied while smiling.

I just nodded my head and from picking up the papers I saw some familiar characters on it. “Here, ma’am…” I said then gave her some of the papers.

“Thank you, kid.” That’s what she said then smiled at me.

She looks like a mother to me, she’s smiling but her eyes looks sad also. Maybe one of her family member is inside the hospital.

“Mrs. Kang! You’re here so, let’s talk about your child.” A doctor appeared and talked to the lady.

“Ahh yes, yes doctor. Kid, I’m going now.” She said and leaves me.

I looked at that woman until my eye sight can’t reach her anymore. I know Kang is one of the most common last names in Korea but I just read ‘Kang Tae Hyun’ in one of the paper.

Ahh, never mind. The Kang Taehyun that I know isn’t a human at all.

I finally reached the elevator and pressed the button of it. When it opens I saw Taehyun inside and he’s smiling at me. “What are you doing in here?” I asked and stood next to him.

“I’m just checking you and grandma. How was she?” He asked.

“The doctor said it was over fatigue so she needs a lot of rest. And her doctor won’t allow her to work again.” I said.

He nods, “Ahh… So you’re going to work again full time in iCart?” He asked me.

“I still don’t know about it.” I replied.

I felt his gentle taps in my back, “Okay okay…Where are you going right now?” He asked.

“I’m going to buy some bread and water for grandma. You’re going with me?”

“Sure hahahaha.”

The elevator opens in the lobby then we started walking outside. We entered a small bakery and bought bread and water.

“How are you and Choi Soobin?” He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders, “Huening said, Soobin hyung isn’t doing fine… I’m really guilty about it.” I replied while we’re waiting for the traffic sign.

“You still love him, right?”

“My love for him never fades, Taehyun. I really love him. What I’m saying are all true. But Soobin hyung is just too good for me. He doesn’t deserve me at all.” I replied.