The Death of Elizabeth Acme

I was in a peaceful sleep when suddenly there is a very loud pounding on the door, instantly waking me up but Eddie doesn't process it for several seconds before he grumbles and rolls out of the bed and opens the door.

There stood a police officer holding the morning paper.

"Lieutenant Santino... how ya doin'?" Eddie spoke as I attempted to make it look like I wasn't just drooling in my sleep.

Santino ignores the question and regards Valiant with a mixture of disgust and pity.

"Tell me you didn't do a snoop job for a Toon named Roger the Rabbit." Santino spoke as he walked into the room.

"That's what you woke me up for?" Eddie grumbled as I rubbed my eyes to try and be more awake.

Santino flops open the morning paper resulting in Eddies eyes narrowing as he reads it. The headline screams: "TOON KILLS MAN!" And underneath: "Elizabeth Acme Murdered at the Hands of Over Protective Rabbit". Santino throws the paper on the sofa.

"You got trouble, Eddie. Possibly you too Quinn."

I quickly got dress and we were on our way to the factory.

~Later at the Acme factory~

We pull up to the Acme factory where Elizabeth Acme was murdered. It was truly crazy, after just meeting her the other night and now she was dead at the hands of a toon according to the paper.

I get out of the car after Eddie and Santino when I spot Eddie staring at the toon town over the wall. I wrapped my arm around his and he looked down at me with a sad smile.

Santino doesn't see our sad faces and questions

"Now what?"

"We just haven't been this close to Toontown for awhile." My brother replied and it was true, we hadn't not since our brother was murdered by a toon. The closest we've been to interacting with many was at the club.

I stared at the sky above, the wall is a different color it seemed, a little bit more vibrant, a "Toon Blue", you might call it. There wasn't anything that bright on this side of the wall.

Santino walks back and takes Eddies arm who grabs my own as they walk off.

"Let's go, somebody wants to see you." Santino spoke leading us into the factory.

Inside it was a large warehouse filled with stacks of Toon gags, boxes of dynamite, giant slingshots, boulders, everything you've ever seen in a Roadrunner cartoon. It was amazing. I watched as one of the Roger officers through a black hole into the wall and stuck their hand inside but before I can continue watching Santino stops where a large black safe is imbedded at a cockeyed angle in the floor. A forensic team working around the safe.

There was also a chalk figure on the floor, presumably where Mrs.Acme died. But there was the big safe in the middle of the head.

"They say the rabbit got the safe idea from a cartoon he was makin' the other day."

"What a gasser." Eddie replied, I continued looking around at all the different toon things in the warehouse, slightly concerned at the amount of dynamite that could blow up the city times two.

"Wait here..." Santino walks to Acme's glassed office where... Jesse! I recognized the red hair and suit anywhere. I forgot he and Roger were related. He seemed to be getting interrogated. I can only see him, not the person doing the interrogating.

Meanwhile Eddie sidles over to where the Forensic Guys are dusting the photographs he had taken for prints. One of the Forensic Guys looks up from his
work.