Chapter 5

Another week had passed, and things were peaceful in the Moonscape Pack.

Byron had continued to go to town daily to work his job and Lynn had been decorating the small two-bedroom house he'd gotten for them to live in. They had quickly decided they needed a bit more privacy than they had at his parents. Since they were both over twenty, his mom and dad thought it was a good idea too.

Landon had moved to the pack lands permanently from the Raider Pack and had even found his mate. She's a sweet girl by the name of Peggy and was Lynn's age.

Today was turning out to be rough though because her wolf was restless, on edge and she had no idea why.

"Are you alright, Lynn?" Peggy asked. "You seem a mite jumpy."

"Yes, no, not really," Lynn said as she blew out an exasperated breath. "I'm not sure. For some reason, my wolf is on edge, and I don't know why."

Peggy scrutinized Lynn's face for a moment before she said, "Well, have you and Byron mated?"

"No, not yet, although we have come close," Lynn admitted as she stared at her friend. Tilting her head in confusion, she asked, "Why would that affect her like this though?"

Peggy shrugged with a bit of a smirk on her face. Then, a giggle escaped her before she admitted, "It probably wouldn't. Mostly I'm asking just to be nosey."

Lynn rolled her eyes at Peggy's confession.

"For real though. Byron is part alpha, so your wolf could be becoming a bit impatient," Peggy explained.

Lynn rubbed her hands up and down her arms as she turned to stare out the window. Shaking her head, she said, "No, this feeling is more like a feeling of impending doom. Like somethings going to happen."

"Ah..." Peggy hummed a bit then continued, "...well, could it have something to do with that creepy Alpha Raymond, you told me about?"

Peggy had become my best friend and confidante. So, I'd told her pretty much everything that was going on in mine and Byron's life. I knew I could trust her so we had no secrets from each other and Landon and Byron had become close as brothers also.

"Oh, Peggy, I really hope not. Things are going so well right now and—oh, no," Lynn whispered, bringing her hand to her mouth.

"What, what is it? Do you see something out there?" Peggy worriedly asked as she hustled to the window to stare out.

Lynn shook her head as she faced her friend. "No, I just thought of something. When we were in the furniture store yesterday, I remember turning to find a man staring at me when you went to look at those pillows. I didn't think anything about it at the time except that he kind of looked familiar. But I've met so many new people lately that they all just kind of blur together."

"So, was he someone from this Pack?" Peggy asked.

"I-I don't know," Lynn answered as she rubbed her forehead. "He gave me as sight smile, an almost knowing smile, so I smiled back, and he left. Oh Peggy, what if he was from the Simmion Pack?"

"Well, did you get a whiff of him?" Peggy inquired. "I mean you were part of that pack, so you would know if he was, right?"

"He wasn't close enough to get a whiff," Lynn admitted. "With the food court next to us all I smelled was those tacos that were calling my name."

"Ha, yeah, I remember those tacos. Oh, they were so good," Peggy agreed as she licked her lips.

Lynn laughs before sighing and saying, "Yes, they were good." Huffing, she turned to pace. "I fear I've been spotted, Peggy. If I'm right, he probably waited for us to leave and followed."