Chapter 11

The following day Byron was up early and sitting in his new office by five. He had a lot of papers to go through still before he met with the abused boys. He still didn't know exactly what he would say to them since he'd never had to deal with that kind of thing, but he'd do his best.

"Do not worry. I feel as if those boys mostly need an ear to hear them, not advice," his wolf explained solemnly.

Byron sat back in his chair with a sigh as a feeling of relief rushed through him. Listening, I'm good at listening. Then he turned his attention back to his paperwork. He wasn't sure how much time passed, but suddenly, feeling a presence, he glanced up.

Lynn stood there just inside the doorway. She was wearing nothing but a loose-fitting, strapless sundress that had his hands itching to push it from her body.

"Good morning, sugar," Byron said as he shoved his chair back and held out his arms.

Lynn came over and crawled into his lap, knees hugging his hips, as she snuggled her face in his neck.

"What brings you by so early?" He asked as he rubbed her back gently.

Lynn gave a contented sigh as she kissed his neck. "I was lonely in that big bed by myself, and my wolf was feeling antsy because we wanted to tell you something."

"Oh?"

She pulled back slightly and glanced up into his eyes, whispering, "I'm pregnant, Byron."

Byron stared at her, not knowing what to say as her words swirled through his mind. A baby, we're having a baby.

Of course, he knew it was a possibility. After all, it wasn't like they had been doing anything to prevent it. To actually hear those words coming from his mate, though, to him, it was priceless.

"Well, say something, anything," Lynn whispered nervously.

Byron had no words to describe his happiness, so he didn't even try. Instead, he crashed his lips to hers and poured all his feelings of love into it. When they finally broke for air, he said, "Ah, sugar, you make me so happy."

Lynn's hands moved down his chest and under his shirt as she began to kiss his neck. Then she removed his shirt and lightly bit his mark, causing him to whimper, "Sugar, you're going to make me...."

Lynn giggled as one of her hands brushed across his semi-erect cock. "Going to make you? It seems to me you already are."

Byron softly growled as he yanked the top of her dress down to her waist. Then he bent her back over his arm and sucked one of her hard nipples into his mouth. Her hands grabbed hold of his hair as he lightly nipped, causing her to whimper before bringing his head back up.

"I need you."

Silently she grabbed hold of his hand and ran it up under her skirt.

Byron raised an eyebrow when he discovered she had no panties on.

Lynn grinned, and in a sexy voice, asked, "So, what's stopping you from having me?"

Byron moved his knees apart, which spread her legs. This allowed him to move his hand from her hip to between her thighs. With his hand now cupping her, he slides his finger slightly up inside her wet folds.

Lynn whimpered as her hips bucked, pushing his finger further in. "Byron."

Byron captured her lips again as he continued to tease her until she came with a growl. Then he lifted his hips, pulling down his pants before thrusting upward. A groan escaped him when his shaft found its place inside her. With her wet warmth surrounding him, he hardened even more.