mash potato cult

"SATORI!" Selina came bursting into the cafeteria of Inarizaki High School. "EAT!" She slammed her hands on the table that the team was eating at, a deathly glare in her eyes.

"Scary women." Aran grumbled as he ate his dinner.

They were in Hyogo for their summer training camp. Since the coaches realized that they're all going to be at the same school for the same purpose, they decided it'll be a great idea for everyone to just share everything. And when they said everything, they meant everything. The two gyms that were supposed to be separated for the girls and boys? Yeah, either of them could crash by to the other gym without anyone questioning it. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? Shoved all together in the school cafeteria. They even got to have joint practice with each other, which was just amazing.

During free practice, the setters would often argue. And by setters, we mean the top high school setters for both girls and boys. When you put two very prideful people on the same position with the same status, then you shouldn't be surprised that they'll either be very good friends or hated rivals.

"He pisses me off." Selina wiped the sweat off of her face after their free practice. "Hey, Lilith! Can you ask Atsumu if he can hit one of my sets?"

"She has something up her sleeve." Alina deducted. "There's definitely something up her sleeve. I don't like this."

"Atsumu!" Lilith called from across the gym, where he was practicing his sets with Aran. "Lina-san wants you to hit one of her tosses!"

"Why?!" Atsumu yelled back.

"Why?" The second year looked back at the setter.

She twirled a volleyball between her hands, "From a top setter to another top setter. Can't he just judge my sets?"

"Ooo, that is never a good idea." Amana walked pass them and went to talk with their coach.

Instead of setting the ball, Selina spiked it straight at Atsumu when he was in the air. He started to complain about the pain, while everyone around him was enjoying the moment with laughs and smiles. Even the coaches were caught catching their laugh.

"You missed." Atsumu weakly said as he picked up a volleyball. "Well, sets may be your thing, Rei-san, but personally, I'm more of a server."

"Is that so?" Selina raised her chin up at him. Much to her dismay, Atsumu was taller then her (like everyone else on the boys' team), but that doesn't mean she'll let an underclassmen kohai outshine her. "Well, serve the ball. I'll receive it."

"Last time she said that, she failed!" Semi called, remembering the beginning of May during their practice match.

"Fuck you!"

"Language!"

Osamu stared at them in utter confusion. "Is this normal?"

Lilith nodded. "Did you not see them during the Inter-High? They were arguing like there was no tomorrow. Just two days ago, they were arguing about mash potatoes."

"Mash potatoes are good, final!"

꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂꧁꧂

"Did they start a mash potato cult?" Komori asked, glancing over at one of the tables that were eating mash potatoes. It's not like they weren't eating anything else, but they were talking about the best way to make mash potatoes.

Ginjima shrugged, not really listening to what they were saying. "Just let them be for all I care."

Gin, Komori, Usuri (second-year setter from Mujinazaka), and Taichi were sitting at a table not far from the "mash potato" cult as what they call it, being all concerned for their teammates. This "cult" consisted of Tendo, Selina, Katashi (one of Itachiyama's wing spoilers), Aurelia (Inarizaki Girls' Volleyball Team's Captain and Wing Spiker), Mami and Unnan (who are both Mujinazaka's starting third year middle blockers).