~Chapter 16~

With the gladers...

Before anyone is able to react, everyone hears something from behind them.

"Wha-? Gally?" Newt asks. 

"You can't leave," Gally says. He doesn't look too good. He's covered in dust and he's crying. Gally is holding a gun, and he points it towards Thomas.

"We can, Gally. We're out! We're free!" Thomas tries.

"You really think we're free out there?" Gally says, his voice breaking.

Thomas tries to get closer to Gally.

"Don't, Tom. He's stung." Teresa says whilst placing her hand on his chest, stopping him. Thomas takes a few steps back.

"Gally, just put the gun down." Newt holds his hand forward as if saying stop with it. Minho grabs his spear, in case it's needed.

"We belong to the maze," Gally says with a trembling voice. 

He pulls the trigger. A gunshot rings through the lab. Minho takes his spear and throws it a Gally. It hits gally right in his chest and he falls down.

Thomas didn't get shot... Everyone looks at Gally in shock.

"T-Thomas..." Chuck chokes out. Thomas looks at him and sees the blood drenching CHuck's shirt.

"No no no no..." Thomas whispers. Chuck loses his balance and falls to the ground, but Thomas catches him and gently places him on the floor. 

"Thank you." Chuck tries to say. He takes something out of his pocket and gives it to Thomas.

"G-Give t-this to m-m-my par-ents if-if you f-find t-them... " Chuck says.

"No, Chuck. I promised you, you're going to give it to them  yourself!"  Thomas is crying, just like all the other gladers.

"It's okay... Fin-d y/n ple-ase.... T-ell her-I I- m-miss-ed h-her..." Chuck says, he flashes his friends a half-smile right before closing his eyes.

All men come in. They have guns. There's the sound of a helicopter in the background.

"Come! Quick!" one of them yells. Thomas refuses to leave Chuck's body. Everyone else runs towards the helicopter and gets in. Some of the people that just came in, dragged Thomas out of the lab and pushed him into the helicopter.

"Don't worry." One of the men with the gladers in the helicopter says. "Everything's gonna change."

A/n: I hope you liked the chapter 

👁👄👁

💧       💧

- Jasmien xxx