Chapter Thirty-One

I was left alone in the gallery. I paused for a moment unsure of how to react. The last painting that we had seen was that of a Sha male looking straight at us, with his two mini horns, dressed in a dark cloak. Suddenly I opened the door and scanned the hallway. The only thing I saw was Brok's straight black hair waving away. I followed in pursuit.

"Brok! Prince Brok, wait!" I rushed. My legs went as fast as they could. I turned left. Bang! I tripped and crashed right in front of Brok. He didn't fall back though. He was so strong that he remained there, standing in place. I almost fell back, but Brok caught me in his arms.

"Anabella, why are you following me?" Brok asked.

"I don't know," I replied. Brok shook his head disapprovingly and then examined my face.

"Are you alright? Let me look at you," he said verifying my forehead.

"I'm fine. I just... I wanted to apologize," I said.

"Anabella, I do not want your apologies, I just want you to be honest with me."

"Then good, because I was being honest," I said. Brok raised an eyebrow with suspicion.

"You are saying that I am beautiful then?" He asked me. I swallowed.

"What? I didn't say that."

"So, you were lying when you said that I was not ugly?"

"No. What? No, I wasn't lying. I didn't say you were beautiful, I just said you weren't ugly."

"You are not making much sense Anabella," Brok told me.

"You're not ugly, you're just different."

"I have had enough of your gibberish for one day. I don't need you or anyone to tell me who or what I am. I am weary and I need some rest."

"You may not be beautiful based on the Sha standards, but you are a strange kind of a beautiful," I said. Brok frowned.

"What does that mean, particularly?"

"I still don't know yet."

"Neither do I, so until you clarify what you are exactly referring to I will remain ugly in the eyes of the Sha and of the human species."

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you Brok, but you are beautiful to me," I said. Brok's eyes suddenly popped right open. Holy shit. Did I just say that? I didn't know what I said. I had to be losing my mind or something, certainly I was going nuts. I turned around immediately and marched on out of there.

"Anabella, wait. What did you just say?" Brok asked coming towards me. Holy shit. I didn't answer and panicked. My legs were now trembling, my muscles lost their strength and I felt a wobbly sensation all over my arms. Had I just said that I found Brok attractive? What the hell did I say?

"I thought that the Sha were superior to humans? I didn't know you were deaf," I said. What the hell was wrong with me? Brok grabbed my arm.

"You find me beautiful?" He asked again, this time he had a smile on his lips.

"I don't know."

"But you said-"

"I just changed my mind," I said quickly.

"Are you sure?" Brok asked me again. He grabbed my arm and I felt a lump in my throat.

"Master Brok, master Brok!" Rox said. Brok turned around to look at the robot.

"Rox, can't you see I'm busy now."

"Your father has been trying to communicate with you," Rox explained.