Tears and Fears

Johnny Test, Johnny POV

Sam and Tucker's plane was delayed, so they had to wait until the weekend because the airline they were using sucked.

"Well, see you guys Saturday," Danny said, kinda deflated.

"See ya Saturday!" Sam and Tucker chimed before they hung up.

Danny flopped on his back onto my bed, staring at the ceiling.

That's when Lance floated in through the wall, looking shaken up and as if she'd been crying. Her light gray eyes had a hint of red to them. 

"D-do you know w-where M-m-mary is?" Lance sniffed.

"Her bedroom," I said, "Down one door from mine,"

Lance nodded and walked out of the room. That's right, walked.

Johnny Test, Mary POV

I absent mindedly drew Danny's face in my diary.

A knock on the door aroused me, and I slammed my diary shut.

"Come in!" I said.

Lance walked through the door. She looked like she had been crying for a while.

She came over and sat at the end of my bed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I miss my sister," she sniffed, shaking.

"Why don't you go see her?" I asked.

"I can't," she shook harder.

"Why not?"

"I don't want to hurt her more," Lance said, looking like she might cry again.

I put my arm around her and she cried. After a few minutes, she stopped.

"I bet your sister would be happy to see you," I said, "Ghost or not,"

Lance looked up at me, I saw she was trying to decide.

"Thanks Mary," Lance said. That's when Susan burst in.

"ASTA LA VISTA GHOSTY!" she screamed as she sucked Lance up.

Danny Phantom, Kirby POV

I watched one of the jerks from yesterday fly around in the air. That one wasn't as much of a jerk as the other one, 

He spotted me and landed in front of me.

"Sorry about yesterday," he rubbed the back of his neck, "I'm Phantom,"

"You have a weird name," I said.

"Said the girl named Kirby," he teased. I giggled. I hadn't done that in so long. 

"Wanna fly?" he asked, holding out his hand.

"Sure," I said, taking his hand.

He hefted me onto his back and took off.

Flying felt refreshing. Like nothing could touch me. Phantom flew me over Porkbelly, and it was the most fun I've had since Lance died.

I looked down. We were flying past the graveyard.

"Can you stop there for a sec?" I asked, pointing to the grave.

He nodded and landed.

I walked up to Lances grave, Phantom hanging behind.

I said my hellos and gave her an update on my life, even if she couldn't hear me.

I think Phantom might've heard me. Or at least saw the tears.

"Want me to take you home?" he asked, his toxic green eyes looking almost blue for a second.

I shook my head.

"Back to the park then?" he said, as if he understood.

I nodded and got back onto his back.

After he dropped me off, he flew off.

I didn't notice until he was gone, he slipped his number in my pocket.

I chuckled at the little piece of paper and continued my walk.

Danny Phantom, Danny POV

I flew home, thinking about Kirby.

I understood what it was to be down that road, even if we hadn't experienced the same thing.

I landed in my room, changed to Fenton, then went downstairs to see if my parents had blown up part of their lab again.

Instead, I found my parents with Susan and the Fenton Weasel.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Susan here caught a ghost honey!" mom said with delight in her voice.

Susan reversed the weasel into an ecto-cage to reveal Lance.

"I can show you another," Susan gave an evil grin in my direction and somehow I could tell what she was thinking.

She then pulled out a device I didn't recognize and pushed a button. I instantly felt like a thousand volts of electricity went through my body. It felt similar to when I became a halfa. Not a pleasant memory.

I didn't realize what happened until the pain stopped.

I first saw Susan's smug expression with my parents' horrified one.

I looked down at my hands.

I was Phantom.

Danny Phantom, Kirby POV

I was still walking though the park when Phantom's jerk friend ran up to me.

"Where's Danny?!?!" he said, sounding panicked.

"Who?" I said, surprised.

"Danny!! The guy who came to apologize? Where is he??" the jerk said.

"You mean Phantom?" I said. He nodded, "I think he went home,"

"Nononononononononononono," he said, shaking his head, "That makes sense, but that's not good,"

"Wait, why are so so worried about Phantom?" I asked, concerned. Phantom was probably the best thing to happen to me since Lance died.

"Lets leave it at he's definitely NOT supposed to be the way he is around his parents," the jerk said.

"So, he might be in trouble," I said. He nodded, then ran off for a hover bike I didn't see before.

I ran after the jerk and his hover bike. Thankfully I did Track and Field at school. He pulled up to a house that looked the same as all the others on the block.

He raced inside, leaving the door open. I slipped inside. I saw the basement door was open, and muffled voices came from there.

I went in and down to an interesting sight.

A redhead around my age, a woman, and a giant man stood arguing with the jerk as he stood in front of a glowing green cage with two figures inside. Phantom and.....

Lance?