PROLOGUE ~ GAMBLE YOUR LIFE AWAY

꒰꒰・┄┄┄┄・♡・┄┄┄┄・꒱꒱

꒰꒰・┄┄┄┄・♡・┄┄┄┄・꒱꒱

It hurts to admit there is something wrong with you.

It hurts to admit there is a problem lying around the peace you've made.

It devastates the kind as the wicked take control of a body of the youth.

Of a youth.

Something as precious as life can be taken away any second, any moment, any hour to be honest. Do we think about possible solutions? No, no we do not unless life gives us the middle finger; a reason. Everything that came up from childhood to dawn... well the outcome is really unknown to us; to all of us.

That was something a boy had to accept as he looked at the dirt that covered his desk, at the words that were covered in black, at the smiles of his sinners, at the laughter that echoed. He watched as lilies were put down on his desk, how eyes ignored the dots of impurity as he walked down a street limping from one end to the other.

How many bruises he had to face. How many times he watched his stuff being destroyed. How many times words stabbed his back. He was useless to not only himself but to the people around him, he hated living like this; he hated to live another day where his imperfections were shown like a plague to the people gifted by the Gods.

He wanted to just close his eyes.

Watch as the world around him came and congratulated him for being himself.

For being one of a kind in a world where the quirkless weren't hated.

Weren't detested for just existing.

Green eyes watched as another news article say the word in such a boring tone that he cried silently for a brother that grew up with a hated life. He wanted a change of that, to no longer see his sisters and brothers die another day for just being themselves, for something that they cannot change. It was only but a bunny's dream for a change that was impossible to reach as the silence echoed longer.

What should he do? What does he have to do to gain just a peace of mind where nothing is wrong, nothing hurts, nothing is forbidden?

He had his answer... but he hated himself more tow just reach that as he stared at the licker that stained his arms red. He had a choice, a chance to change everything before his time was left to become zero. It was only a word. A role of a dice to gain that but what would he do? What will he have to do?

He didn't want to enter this place, the owner though, someone of a taboo that has existed for a very, very long time was here. Someone with a power granted to those who would so as much win a game of BS. He just had to win one game and if you're lucky to gain a green chip... than you can enter his owner's grace.

It was a one in a million chance to even gain one, and Midoriya... Midoriya has played in the casino for quite some time. Something, he truly regrets as he enters the place once more. It was only for a chance, a final game before he decided this was it.

That this was a game that will put him to rest as his stomach churns in disgrace. His body was hurting, in pain, the wounds and bruises hurt so much he wanted to throw there and then. Sleep in his comfy bed as his mother comes and tucks him in.

His mother that he loves with his whole heart that gave him a reason to live... at least a little longer but even she couldn't seal the wounds that were bestowed unto him. Green eyes paid attention to cards in his hand looking as everyone put their cards down.

"Two hearts."

"Three spades."

"BS."

People eyed the young teen that was playing, it was basically illegal to play so young but as the referee showed the cards, a king, a heart, and one spade made the man grumble. Enraged as he took the stack of cards as the game became closer to ever. Midoriya only had one chance left as he put down four cards. His favorite card to be honest.

"Four diamonds."

"BS!"

As the referee turned over the cards... four diamonds were neatly put down to show he was not lying. Midoriya Izuku would've never lied as a chip was given to him. A look of shock to everyone as the colour reflected onto his eyes.

Somewhere in a room tucked into a wall watched as the bunny scurry over as he followed the people of this place. His place. It was true that getting a green chip was a one of a million chance but here's the trick. He chose those that were interesting to give the chip. It was rigged.

Rigged for his eyes only and while some wishes were distasteful, others were interesting in the chance as his boredom consume him once more. But this boy... this bunny seemed to have something that will be worth a century long battle. He smiled as the boy bowed down, full on ninety degrees... maybe more if he just asked.

But that could be something for a later time. He watched as the bunny seems to shift from one foot to another basically the atmosphere was as uncomfortable as he was. Tolerable. But his words and tone... they spoke in a dying tone that caught the attention of the owner. "I just want a place for the quirkless to be happy. Loved, to be honest." And the more he eyed the creature he couldn't help but laugh.

Laugh at the joke that was standing here. Quirkless. Quirkless. Quirkless! It was perfect! This was so perfect for his plan. He stood up and looked at the bunny face to face, the fear yet determination to get what he wanted for people – like him – for people that were like a bunny to his eyes. This was basically a full-on joke for him!

This will do.

This boy will do so much for his eyes.

He couldn't pass a chance like this! Not anymore. With cruel red eyes, he opened his hands, a fire of licker stood as he waited for the chance to gain the bunny an eye. A ruby for his survival and while they shock hands, the steps for this plan gained the attention of Heaven and Hell.

Something was coming.

Something indestructible.

꒰꒰・┄┄┄┄・♡・┄┄┄┄・꒱꒱