𝟎𝟐.

ATLANTA GA
| august 5th 2021 |
( IN REAL LIFE )

"goodmornin' ma." lariah smiled as she hugged her mom tightly. "goodmorning riah." she chuckled as her daughter pulled away from the hug.

lariah has a great relationship with her mom and thats something that she'll always be grateful for.

"you wanna poptart or you gon' eat at school?" her mom asked, taking out the box of poptarts from the cabinet.

"mmmm i'll get a poptart." she shrugged, grabbing a blueberry poptart out of the box.

her mom checked the watch she had on her wrist, "i think the school bus gonna be here soon, i love you." she  kissed her cheek.

"aight see ya later momma." she said, walking out of the door.

TIME SKIP

lariah hates being on the school bus, but here she is now. all the loud noises, freshman, & the horrible driver of the bus was the main reason why she was ready to get her drivers liscence. nicole already has hers and shes been going everywhere just for the fun of it.

she turned off her phone, looking over steven's shoulder to see that he was drawing something. he was the only freshman she could get along with because he wasn't annoying. it was obvious that he liked her though and she hates knowing that she might be playing with his feelings.

"who that?" she asked, pointing her fake nails onto the piece of sketch paper. "just a character i made up, i-i'm planning on making a book series about him but you probably aren't interested-"

"nah tell me more, he some typa super hero or sumn?"

he blushed, pushing up his glasses. he explained everything about it and she was honestly interested in what he had to say.

once they got off the bus steven and lariah walked through the high school hallway talking about random things until they reached the class. lariah had failed algebra so she had so retake it like most upper classmen.

"i know you be sitting alone at lunch so sit next to me and nicole, okay?" she said. she felt bad for the boy. the only friend he really had was her and most of the time he was getting made fun of.

he nodded 'yes' as they walked into the classroom. she sat in her usual seat, next to lamarion. she hates sitting next to hin because hes always picking on steven. sometimes he'd flirt with her but it wasn't often.

she could feel lamarion staring at her so she looked at him back, "nigga i know you got sumn to say so say it."

"chill with the attitude riah ian even do nun. just wanted to say can i get yo number?" he licked his lips.

she looked him up and down with her face scrunched up, "fuck no."

"why?" he smacked his lips.

"cus' you're just like every other atlanta nigga...a goofy. plus you always on steven, he ain't even do nothing to you."