Part ten

Y/n's POV
The light from the window gently fell on the floor beyond it, as the curtain lightly came forward through the air. In front of it however sat a girl. Her eyes full of realisation, her hands cupping her face, her face clearly surprised at how she didn't have this reality check before.

My eyes were fixated on one spot on the floor, the room was empty, besides me. On the bed by my side sat a dress. It was a white dress that reached till my ankles, it's sleeves were absent but it had a golden belt that ran around its waist. It was the same dress that I was supposed to wear that afternoon. The same dress I had locked in my cupboard ever since Tony proposed. The same dress I was wearing to my moms wedding to mark a new family.

I was astonished at how I didn't realise this before. I mean I know my mom was getting married I don't live under a rock, but she really is. It's not cheesy dates or flowers being sent everyday but she's actually getting married.

A frown had made its way on my face, as I heard someone walk in. The door creaked open, I didn't bother look up and see who it was but I guess there was no sight needed. I could tell by the enthusiastic mist that followed through the door. I could tell by the scent of lavender. I could tell by the small bottle of cologne that sat on his bedside table and smelled of a blister of roses. That it was peter.

Without even looking up I could feel his warm smile look down upon me, the same love filled smile that I was eager to see every morning. Every night. Every day.

I felt him come closer towards me, a smile replaced the frown I had on earlier and I looked up. He was wearing a white shirt barely visible through the plain black suit he had on on top of it. Peter preferred not to wear ties so instead placed a purple cloth on his left pocket.

He knelt down in front of me and smiled up looking directly at my swollen eyes. His smile faltered looking at me, clearly lost in thought. But soon it went back up, making my smile wider.
His eyes glinted with love, one of his hands placed on mine that sat on my thigh, while the other made its way up to my cheek. He lightly rubbed his thumb on my flushed cheek.

It didn't take any words to let him know what I was thinking or what was going on in my mind. Just a smile that's all.

He raised his body and kissed his gentle lips on my cheek, still tightly holding my hand.

"I'm here." He whispered into my ear, making me beam wider, slightly touching his face. I nodded in return, I didn't have to say anything really. I knew he could tell with just my eyes what I was feeling. He understood what I was saying, not with words, but with a bright smile and glinting eyes. I know.

Peter stayed for a while after that. He sat next to me on the bed, while I rested my head on his shoulder closing my eyes. His left arm wrapped around me, rubbing my shoulder, while the other held my hand, tightly and safely.

"Honey?" He spoke after a long comfortable silence. "Mhm?" I hummed in response.

"I think it's about time you get ready, it's in an hour."

My eyes shot open, in an hour, IN AN HOUR! My anxiety kicked in once again and I lifted my head off of peters shoulder and frantically looked at him. Only to be greeted by a calm smile. Sometimes I think this guys a saint.

I kissed his soft lips and quickly picked up my stuff only to get into the bathroom to spend another 30 minutes getting an anxiety attack.

I heard peter chuckle slightly as I got into the bathroom, speedily getting into the shower.
>
The shower did my sanity level quite well, it made me temporarily feel like most of my worries had washed away, not that I had any in particular, just the idea of my mother getting married just 8 months after her divorce hasn't settled well with me as the occasion approached.

I put on my leggings and crop top, that i found convenient to wear under this extremely uncomfortable dress. I walked out of the bathroom seeing peter sitting on the same spot. He seemed to have a bored expression on his face, his head settled in his hands as he stared at the wall next to the door. However his expression soon lit up as I walked in. He smiled widely, and I wasn't even wearing the dress yet. Well I wasn't wearing anything tbh so I guess that might be the reason.🙄

I laughed slightly at his sudden upbeat of mood and walked towards the bed. Peter stood up and opened his arms, I walked right into them, wrapping my arms around his neck as his made their way to my waist. I squeezed his whole body tightly and he chuckled at my attempt to strangle him.
"Alright Romeo I have to get ready." I said with my face pressed against his chest.
He kissed the top of my head, and gave a slight whisper of "k love" before giving me a kiss on the nose.
I got out of his grip and began to put the dress on, sliding it over my legs and adjusting the long flow. I reached for the zipped with my arm but I couldn't quite get the hold of it.

A slight laugh filled the room over my annoyed groans, as peter stood behind me in front of the mirror. His cold fingers touched the fair skin on my back as he zipped my dress. A click came out after he zipped it fully and looked at me in the mirror.
"You look beautiful." He smiled wrapping his arms around my waist, resting his head on my shoulder and slightly moving me from side to side.
"Well let's see if Tony can say the same about mom."
>
I walked into my moms room with a weak smile plastered across my face, i opened the door only to reveal my mother, also sitting on the bed, her head looking down at her hands that held a wet tissue. She was wearing her wedding dress. It was plain and simple. But it made her look beautiful, even when she cried, sniffing every now and then.
I knocked on the door, with a walk smile. Mom looked up at me and smiled back, wiping her nose with the tissue.

I sat next to her on the bed wrapping my arms around her and kissing her head. Although worries chased me wherever I went, my mother needed this more then I did.
>
The sun shone brightly out in the park, a pool of familiar faces beamed up at the altar where stood Anthony Edward Fucking Stark and some random pope.🌝

I stood on the other side of Tony, with MJ by my side. My mother didn't have much family nor did Tony so it was just a few of us that got to participate in the wedding. But to my mom and Tony, it was more then enough to celebrate. Tony awkwardly stared down at his polished shoes, rubbing them, on bouncing on his feet every now and then, until the music started to play.
Our band and professional music team consisted solely of ned who apparently wanted to show off his skills on piano.

A small warm breeze flew across our faces, the sun glimmered slightly in celebration, and the bride along with her father walked down the aisle.

Her dress swayed sideways through the minor wind, the bundle of flowers in her hands bloomed at her presence while she smiled across at the people who appreciatively admired the bride.

Mom made her way to the aisle. Happier then I had ever seen her. Happier then when she came back from those dates with Tony, or when she received his flowers and letters in the mail, when she blushed after Tony left after every gathering. She was finally happy

It was when my mom stepped on the altar looking lovingly at Tony, who could barely control his large smile that I felt a cold breeze walk through my face, and it was the cold that made me realise that I had unconsciously crying. The pools formed in my eyes grew larger as I became aware of them and soon blurred my vision. I heard the pope speak, vowing two people together, two people who were meant to be.

"I do." I heard Tony's voice speak, laced with love. Love for mom.
I wiped out my tears on d I felt MJ's hand on my shoulder and smiled at her, turning back to the wedding. And then there it was.

"I do."

"You may kiss the bride."
The crowd erupted into cheers, flowers petals flying around the sky, sounds of happiness and peace filling the air.

But I wasn't looking at these people. I wasn't looking at the cheery grandparents and aunts that clapped their hands together. I was looking at someone else.
A boy.
A brown eyed, brown haired boy.
A boy who beamed up at me, the warmth, love and comfort floating out of his face. His curls flying in all directions, his suit still straight and proper, his eyes consoling and immaculate with love.

My mother had found the love of her life.

But mine was there in front of me the whole time.

😚