Chapter One - Hiding

"Az, Azriel"
Azriel slowly lifted his head, a look of neutrality sketched against his face. Cassian tilted his head, looking Azriel up and down with an all too familiar look.

Az lifted an eyebrow carefully, worried he might trigger the ever fired bomb that is the general.
"You look like you need a drink" A smug look reaching Cassian's face.

Azriel did not need a drink.

"Sure" He stood up, wings opening behind him.  Cassian jumped up, rushing to the door. "This is going to be a blast- Nesta's already there with Emerie" He added quickly, of course.

Azriel made to follow Cassian, who was already soaring across the night sky. But something stopped him... or, someone...

It was in a flash of light, miliseconds of time.
He saw a child, a red-headed, well dressed male. Hiding. Hiding behind a tree in a forest of red and orange and yellow. The colours almost scared Azriel, reminding him of blinding fire. When the little male called out, Az realised he knew who he was looking at.
"Father, no!" And Beron slashed around grabbing the boy.

It was one of the Vanserra males.

Azriel screamed, Turning quickly.  Feeling a hand on his shoulder. It was only Cassian with a worried look on his face.
"I'm fine" Azriel lied smoothly, his shadows said otherwise.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Eris stumbled backwards, horror etched across his face. Moments earlier he had been given a glimpse of something terrifying.

A young male, an Illyrian. Hiding. Or, he assumed the male was hiding. Why else would he be tucked away in a dark, dank area?

What scared Eris was the fact that he recognised this male.

Shadow singer.....

🖤🖤🖤🕷🕷🕷🏴🏴🏴