29- First date

The date started with a fancy looking restaurant overlooking the ocean. The air was still warm even though it was dark. They sat at a two person table and waited for someone to come and take their orders.

It definitely helped George take his mind off the worries of his parents but now he had new worries. Going on a date with Dream was so much more nerve-racking than he thought and that's saying a lot. 

Dream could tell he was nervous. He was so easy to read sometimes. His hands played with the hem of his sweatshirt and his knee bopped up and down. However the blonde thought his nerves were because of his parents still, instead of him.

"It's okay, George. They wont find out. We wont let that happen." He said as he held his hand out for George to take from across the table.

"What? Oh my parents." George took his hand with a moment of hesitation.

"Yeah... That's what you're nervous about, right?"

"I'm not nervous." The brunette lied.

Dream raised an eyebrow. "It's obvious. But you shouldn't worry about your parents."

"It's not them I'm worried about." George mumbled under his breath.

"Then what are you worried about?" 

George's eyes widened when he realised that Dream had heard him. There was no point lying.

"Well... this is our first date... how are you such a natural?" George's voice was quiet which made Dream's heart melt at his words even more. He loved how nervous George was around him. But at the same time he wanted to ensure that George had the best time possible.

Dream gave him a soft smile and then lifted his hand to his lips and gave it a devastatingly soft kiss.

"You're so cute when you're nervous." Now Dream's voice was quiet too, savouring the moment as much as he could.

"Stop!" George giggled as Dream kissed each fingertip. 

Dream laughed quietly before dropping his hand and giving him a more serious expression. "Believe me, I'm very nervous, I am just better at hiding it than you."

George smiled ear to ear at this statement, looking at his menu to try and hide it.

How did I manage to get someone so amazing? His smile that shows his cute dimples that I always have a soft spot for. His muscular body that isn't so ripped that it's scary, but still hot. His stupidly catchy laugh that sounds like he's dying sometimes but that just makes it funnier. Then of course his personality. He knows how to have fun, being jokey and flirty, but he knows when to be serious too.

To George, he was perfect.

"What would like to order?" A woman with a Texas accent asked, interrupting his thoughts. Of course, he didn't have time to think about his order because his mind was... elsewhere. 

Thankfully Dream spoke up first. "I'll have the crusted lamb with chilli and macadamia sambal please." I definitely didn't look up fancy dish names for that

George looked at the menu anxiously, then back up at the waitress. "Can I get the same please?"

When she walked off, Dream laughed at him. "Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?" 

"When we went on the road trip you got the same order as me too." Dream explained.

"I couldn't decide what to get so I just copied you. Wait, what are we even getting anyway?"

Dream laughed before telling him and soon they were both laughing and conversing about random topics. Their food came and they continued talking away. Even after they had finished their food, they were talking and laughing as if they were the only people in the world. That was until Dream had an idea.

"Lets go for a swim."

~609 words~

I was going to do the whole date all in one chapter but I just want to get a chapter out because it's been a while.

🥴 It's just a weird emoji okay?

-ₑₛₘₑ