Sixteen: And Then There Were None

Ayy, a short chapter that by no means makes up for me skipping several updates! Ugh, I'm a bad person. :/

For those of you who are bored and have read Double This, Double That: the last book in the IBMEC trilogy, 'Till We're Over (not a shipfic), can be found on my profile. There's only a prologue up, and don't worry, this book is higher on my to-do list than that one is.

But, still.

Forget Me

Ch 16: And Then There Were None

Ty's POV

"Hello?"

My breath hitches when I hear the faint sound from the other phone Jason is holding.

Is that Alesa..?

"Alesa!" Jason shouts. Well, then. He starts firing off questions. "Are you okay? Is Sky okay? Why do you have Sky's phone? Why couldn't he answer the phone himself? Where are you guys?"

"Calm down, w-we're all right," Alesa says, and there's a strange terror and nervousness in her voice that I'm sure wasn't there before.

"Oh my Notch, are you okay!?" Jason asks, noting her slight stutter.

"Yeah, I- I just said-"

"Tell us where you are, we'll come help you."

"'Us?' Who's with you? And how do you even know we need help?"

"Ty's on the phone, too. Sort of. Ty, can you hear her?" Jason asks.

I nod before realizing neither of them can see me. "Yeah, I can hear."

"Oh, hi, Ty!" Alesa says happily, taking on an entirely different tone.

"Look, are you guys in trouble, or not?" I ask. I swear, if Sky just up and left with Alesa without telling me, I will-

"If you want the truth..," Alesa trails off, dropping her voice to a whisper. "Yes, we're in huge trouble. Sky was taken to a different room by the squids, and I'm trapped in here!"

"Where exactly is 'there?'" Jason asks.

Alesa's voice trembles as she replies, "I- I don't know. I'm so scared, I- I don't know what to do!"

At that moment, a derpy, very nonthreatening voice calls out, "Miss Alesa?"

Alesa gasps. "They're coming, I have to go. Bye!"

She hangs up.

Jason huffs, and I can hear him setting the phone down on a table. "Gosh," he whispers. "I hope she's okay."

"I don't know," I say skeptically. "Seems kind of suspicious to me. I mean, what kind of idiot wouldn't immediately call for help after being kidnapped? She had a charged phone with her – why didn't she call someone? And another thing – why on earth does she have Sky's phone?"

"Maybe it was in her backpack and she didn't notice it until it started ringing. Maybe Sky put it there in the hopes that she'd be able to call someone," Jason suggests. "Alesa means well, Ty. You have to stop thinking she's an undercover murderer."

I sigh. "Yeah, I know."

"Ty!" Seto suddenly calls from downstairs. "I have news."

"What kind of news?"

"JUST GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE!"

My eyes widen, and I hang up the phone and jump off the couch. "Did someone die?" I ask worriedly.

"Not yet," he replies as I hop down the stairs and into the potion room. "But I think I may have located Sky and Alesa."

"Whoop, whoop! It's time to save our friends!"

☼☼☼

Two long hours later, Jason and Seto are flying ahead of the rest of the Team as they scout out the land in front of us. Seto felt the need to make a thousand potions and enchant a thousand weapons before we left, but I trust his judgment. Wherever he's taking us, it must be a pretty bad place.

"Please tell us where we're going!" I shout, huffing in exasperation when Seto ignores me completely. "Are they in danger?" I call.

Annie leans into my shoulder. "Don't worry," she says gently, "they're going to be fine. We'll rescue them from wherever they are."

I frown. "How do you know that?"

All I get is a simple shrug accompanied by a three-word sentence. "I just do."

A sigh escapes my lips, and I continue to trudge after Jason and Seto. #Smu?

Eh...

#SetoSolace. #MunchingUniverse. #PassTheTimeWithShips.

Suddenly a loud, sharp beep blares for a total of three seconds.

All Nether breaks loose.

Seto yells out at the top of his lungs, "Hold your breath! I'm sensing something in the air!" Jason abruptly lets go of the button on his jet pack and plummets twenty feet to the ground, causing the rest of the Team and I to gasp as our eyes widen in fear. I start across the small distance between Jason and me, intent on helping him up, ensuring that he's okay. I can't lose another of my friends.

Quentin and Ian gasp for air and then immediately collapse on the ground, and for a moment I'm torn between Jason and them, but then Annie and Ashley rush toward the two and so I continue toward Jason. Then Mitch falls to his knees, trying to suck in another breath but ultimately failing, and Jerome immediately drops down to help him but ends up passing out as well. Tiffany is beside Annie and Ashley, who have also fallen, when she collapses, too, leaving only Seto and myself.

My feet drag slowly across the plains. My eyes droop. I slowly lower myself to my knees.

"Ty! No, Ty, hold your breath! Don't give in!" Seto cries out, though he himself is beginning to sink from his position in the air, and his voice is weak.

I nod as if to convince myself that I can, but it's soon quite obvious that I can't, and then I'm giving in and letting my eyes flutter shut as my body collapses, landing with a light 'thud' just in time to hear Seto gasping as he falls to the ground next to me.

And then there were none.

☼☼☼

Third Person POV

And then there was one.