Thirty-Seven: Totally Over Her (or not but whatever)

DERPDERPDERP HULLO, CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN :D

I'll be updating I Hate Skylox tomorrow, by the way.

ALSOALSOALSO In case any of you missed it, I'm having trouble picking a cover for the print version of Games. If you guys could go to the latest chapter of that book and vote on which cover you like better, I'd really appreciate it. :)

Anyways. En-juh-hoy the chapter, my be-ay-yoo-tiful Rulers!

Forget Me

Ch 37: Totally Over Her

Sky's POV

"City center, that's where she'll be," Seto tells me as we run out of his house.

"When we were there last, she was turning Recruits crazy and handing out steroids to squids," Brice explains. "Oh, and also trying to take over the city."

"Dang, sounds like she's dealing with a very busy schedule at the moment. Maybe we should wait to bother her about the key?" I ask jokingly.

"I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic," Seto deadpans, pausing in his walk in order to look at me.

I roll my eyes. "Of course I'm being sarcastic."

"Sorry, had to make sure. I mean, there's always the chance that you're still in love with Alesa, right?" Seto chuckles. "Even though falling in love with Alesa was probably the dumbest thing you've ever done."

I know he's only kidding. I know he doesn't hold my feelings against me. But it still hurts, because I loved her, I did. I still do, just a little bit. I wish things could have turned out differently.

"Pssh, I'm totally over her."

Seto smiles at me, and we turn a corner to see- nothing. "Where is everybody?" I ask curiously, craning my neck to look around.

"I- I don't know," Brice replies, tilting his head and pressing his lips together.

"Woah," I say suddenly after finally glancing at the ground. "What's with all the blood?"

"Oh, no," Seto breathes, and my breath hitches in fear. Something ended here. Someone lost.

But who?

Quentin's POV

"Can we at least put in the keys we do currently have?" Tiffany asks, and I consider this for a moment before shrugging.

"Eh, why not? We might as well." I slot my key and Seth's into the little slits on the side of the Respawn Mechanism. Why not get a head start?

Annie walks in calmly, and we greet her. "Have you guys got it fixed?" she asks.

"Yeah, Mitch and Jerome got it put together, and Ian, Tiffany, and I got that wolf over there to be the temporary power source," I reply, waving a hand behind me at the wolf. I continue looking at the Respawn Machine as I twist the keys in the correct direction.

"What wolf?" Annie asks in confusion, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Uh, the one over there, in the corner. You know. On the giant hamster wheel."

"Oh, did you let it take a short break, Quentin?" Tiffany asks.

I tilt my head, finally looking up from the machine. "No, I- oh."

"Don't tell me it's run away," Tiffany begs, glancing frantically between me and the empty hamster wheel.

"Dear Notch," I whisper.

Annie's eyes widen. "Wha- What!? The Respawn Mechanism is off, then?"

"Yeah," I reply, cringing. How could we have let that wolf escape!?

"But Jason, Ashley, and Ty just ran off to fight – and with a Wither sword, no less!"

My eyes go wide, and I nervously fiddle with the fin on the right side of my face. "What do we do!?" I panic.

"Uh," Annie stalls, biting her lip when neither Tiffany nor I decide to answer. "Ugh, I- Okay, Tiffany, go look for another animal or something to run the hamster wheel, and Quentin and I will go to help the others at the city center. Go, go, go!"

Ian's POV

I dash down the streets of the city, trying to plan out the fastest route to Brice's studio without crossing through the city center. Ugh, why isn't his studio closer to Seto's lab? I would think they'd want to be as close to each other as possible at all times.

"Focus, Ian," I whisper to myself, directing my thoughts back in the direction of my walking route.

It only takes me about two more minutes to make my way to Brice's studio, and then I unlock the door, silently slip inside, and head toward the easels. There are three of them set up in the middle of the room, and there are two leaned against the wall by a coffee machine. Ignoring some of the odder paintings, I check by the axle of each easel, and soon I've got another Respawn Mechanism key in my hand. I grin and whirl around to sprint out the door again. Before I can get too far, I remember to go back and lock Brice's door again. Phew. That could've been bad.

I jog towards the city center, clenching and unclenching my fist around the keys in my pocket. We're so close to being done with all of this!

"How major a jerk does one have to be to wear sunglasses in the middle of the day?"

My eyes widen in fear, but before I can properly react, my glasses have clattered to the pavement.

Ashley's POV

"No, no, the asylum's just up around this corner," Ty assures a group of Stars as he runs forward to direct a bunch of Recruits in the correct direction. I roll my eyes as that female Star prepares to be really weird again. Maybe it'd be best if I just stayed here, at the back of the group.

"Sorry, friend."

Pain blossoms out from the back of my head, and I collapse on the concrete without making a single sound.

Jason's POV

I swing the Wither sword back and forth dangerously by my side, and Mitch and Jerome, who arrived about twenty minutes ago to help fight, don't panic at all. We're freaking amazing.

"So did you guys-" I begin, and then a smallish hand hits Jerome over the head. It takes Mitch less than a second to react and fall to his knees beside his bacca, but then he's splayed out on the ground as well.

Before I can stab the attacker with my sword, I've joined the pile of bodies.