Alex's POV
Mom comes home about an hour after me, gets a beer from the fridge and says "so, how was it?" She sits next to me on the couch and I say "could've been worse" shrugging and she hands me her beer and I take a sip, passing it back. She says "tell me about it." I say "asked him what was up with him avoiding me after saying he wouldn't, he said he didn't know, I told him he could tell me, said he wasn't ready for that, whatever the hell that means, then I told him to give me a call when he wanted to talk cause I'm nice" groaning. She says "why'd you do that?" I say "he's hot" whining and she rolls her eyes saying "I get it but come on, seriously?!" I say "he's a nice guy, I can see it, I am crazy but I'm trying to get through to him, I think I am, mom, this isn't that crazy, right?" She says "a bit but I support you no matter what for the most part" and I say "that's fair but I'm gonna get him" quietly and she says "I bet you will, he seems easier than he puts up" and I chuckle. I say "he seems like a softie" and she nods saying "he really does, he's so cute, I think you'll get through to him." I say "I think I will too" nodding and I do my homework as we watch tv together and I say "his mom gives the worst homework." Mom says "his mom is a teacher?" I say "yeah, she's the math teacher" and she says "really?" I say "yeah, nice lady, homework is literally hell" as I do my homework and she says "what do people think of me?" I say "people think you're hot, mom" rolling my eyes and she says "yes!" I say "now they won't take you seriously" and she says "or, they will cause they wouldn't want me to leave" and I say "you have a point" nodding and I finish my homework and I put it in my backpack. I bite my lip saying "I don't know what I'm going to do with Jack" shaking my head and she says "you'll figure it out one way or another" and I say "I know. It's just dumb" and she says "yeah, that's how it works when you try it with the popular ones, honey" and I say "I know, I dated someone in his same position for two years and he was an asshole. I think there's something different about this one" and she says "you said that before but I think you're right this time" and I chuckle saying "but I just have to wait now" rolling my eyes and she says "yup unless you just go for it." I say "were going crazy, I met this guy yesterday! Were nuts, mom!" She says "yeah, you're right, what do you want for dinner?" I say "can we have pizza?" She says "I like that idea" getting the phone and she calls this place for a pizza delivery and she says "what do you want?" I say "I don't care" shrugging and she finishes the call and I yawn, changing the channel to Back To The Future from some soap opera. Why the hell was my mom watching this? We both hate shows like this. She gets done on the phone and she sits next to me and I say "why the hell were you watching a soap opera?" She says "to remind me that people are assholes and that I probably should never leave my house again." We chuckle and I go and change into sweatpants and I put a tee shirt on and I lay on the couch, my feet in my moms lap. She says "your feet are gross" and I say "I'm just gross" and she says "you and me both, sister" fist bumping me and I say "why am I so attached to him already?" She says "I would be too if I was you, look at him, he's popular, seems nice and he talked to you more than once, I'd be on my knees" and I say "mom!" She says "you were last night, you aren't fooling anyone" and I say "shut up" and the door bell rings and I lift my legs up and she brings pizza back to us. I go to the fridge and I grab a bottle of apple juice and mom comes over, grabbing another beer and we go back to our spots on the couch to watch the end of Back To The Future while we eat pizza. I yawn saying "I want to go to bed" and mom says "go to bed then" and I say "but I want to watch the rest of the Back To The Future movies" as the second one starts. She says "fair" and I say "yup" yawning and we end up getting halfway through the second one before my mom says "I have something to tell you." I say "what's up?" She says "I want you to meet someone" and I say "ok, just let me know when they are here" and she says "I will" nodding and we keep watching this movie and I say "is it just me or is Marty McFly hot?" She says "he is, you aren't lying on that one" and I say "I think we need lives" and she says "oh definitely" taking the last slice of pizza. At the end of the second one, mom says "I'm going to bed" and I say "ok, goodnight, love you" and she says "good night, love you too" and she goes to bed. I watch the third Back To The Future, thinking I'm so beyond dumb believing I could turn Jack around but I secretly still think I can get him to be less of an asshole. He's an asshole but I think I'll get him before he realizes he's wrapped right around my finger. I mumble "fuck, I'm attached already. Damn my attachment and obsession issues" rubbing my forehead.